Shaw Direct in Denver

seasoned

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Denver, Co
After recently moving to Denver I re-installed my Shaw 75E dish with a new XKU LNB from Shaw. I have two receivers, a 505 and a PVR 630. The 505 was a breeze to set up and all channels (reviewed so far) have a signal strength of 75+. The 630 is another story. I can get a signal of 96 on the 111 satellite but no signal on the 107 satellite. A movement of about 3/16" in any direction causes complete signal loss on the 111 satellite and I can not pick up the 107 signal. Logically, I should aim the dish a little more east and back off the skew very slightly. So far this has not worked. I've been installing dishes for personal use of myself and friends for over 15 years and have not run into a problem like this before. Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve the problem?

The LNB is new since you moved? What does map status say under Option-4-7 line F on the 630? If it's 525-4352 you have the wrong channel map; you need 525-4323, and lack of F1 channels is consistent with the wrong map.

You just need to call shaw and they'll make a change on your account and walk you though the while deal. Takes 20 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts