Shaw Direct in New York City

maxdepaola

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
Stamford ct
Making the move from Bell TV to Shaw Direct due to Nimiq 6 coverage issue.

Anyone know if Shaw works well in this area?

Any reason i should be concerned about the G1 launching this fall? Will the G1 coverage map cover New York City? Does it even matter as it seems the F1 and F2 will still stay operational and G1 is just for additional programming.

Just want to make sure i am not setting myself up for a Bell TV type issue in a few months with a new bird that we can't get here in New York City.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Actually i did have two clarifying questions.

1. Did you mean to say that New York City will definitley NOT be in the coverage map (hard to tell with the map in the FAQ - seems like we are right on the edge)?
2. Do you know if Shaw includes an xKU non stacked LNBFS in there standard DIY Installation pack (says in the FAQ that this will be necessary to recieve G1)? The Q might be moot deoending on the answer to Q1.

Thanks so much for your help.

Max

All new systems come with xKU non stacked LNBF.

The Telesat Extended Ku band footprint map does not seem to be very concise. If I were you, I'd install the 75cm dish

That is exactly what i have on order (75cm dish).

Thanks to everyone for all the info. Will let you all know how the install goes and whether I get G1 once it launches.

I just installed a 60cm Shaw Dish in NYC. Very good reception on F1 but zero on F2. I have now activated the service with Shaw. Should I install a 75cm dish to get F2? F2 has the HD content and all the French stuff I could not get in the US.

F2 is the strong sat so you should get it fine if you get F1. I would question your skew settings for your area.?

I just installed a 60cm Shaw Dish in NYC. Very good reception on F1 but zero on F2. I have now activated the service with Shaw. Should I install a 75cm dish to get F2? F2 has the HD content and all the French stuff I could not get in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts