Shaw Direct receiver purchase at Future Shop windsor location?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HoneyDew

Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
USA
[h=3]I will be visiting Detroit, MI with in next 2 - 3 months and i was wondering if it's possible to purchase a Shaw Direct Receiver from future shop still. I have been visiting this site for a while now but i haven't had a reason to post till now. I have read previous post regarding purchasing but it didn't state if i need a Canadian ID. Other post have said that they will search the car but i have no problem with that. I also understand that the dish will not come with the purchase but just the receiver. The questions i have are.
Do i need a Canadian ID to purchase the receiver from future shop?
Do i need to give them a Canadian address when purchasing the receiver?[/h]

I can corroborate what Blackloz and Iceberg say. I have purchased a 630 and 605 from best buy and future shop respectively. Neither store asked for ID. I brought back both receivers across the border without difficulties. When you do go to Windsor, I would suggest doing more than just going to future shop and coming back. A trip of that short duration MAY trigger red flag to border agent. If you like to gamble, I think Caesar's Windsor is nicer than anything in Detroit. Plus they have a sports book.

I will be in Canada sometime in the next couple of weeks. If i purchase a Shaw system how do i register it if I dont have a Canadian address?

You should declare it with US CBP or risk being arrested for failure to comply. Not sure if you know this but Shaw is not supposed to sell service to the USA.

I will be in Canada sometime in the next couple of weeks. If i purchase a Shaw system how do i register it if I dont have a Canadian address?

dont worry about it. If you are not a subscriber just get the receiver. You will need to find a dish as Shaw doesnt sell dishes (the installer has them).
If you do not have a Canadian address you can use a programming broker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts