Shaw - Half dead DSR505

frntchr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
SE Michigan
Hello everyone,

The sound died on my DSR505. I've double-checked the connections, settings on both my TV and STB. Reset a half dozen times, to no avail. Great video, though.

Any suggestions? I'm afraid I may have to replace it.

Thanks!

You could try a factory reset:
Press the Option key on your remote, select 6, then select 4. Then you can access the hidden menu by pressing 9 8 8 not too fast but not super slow either. Then Option 6 is Factory Reset.

After your box is reset to factory sttings, logon to the Shaw Direct web site and perform a re-hit, or call them up and ask for a re-hit. Tell them you lost all your programming. When you do the re-hit you will have to wait a while for the programming to come back. You will see the "satellite symbol" on the front of your display change from green to red to green etc. etc. This will tell you it is downloading the software/settings it needs.

Last edited:
You will see the "satellite symbol" on the front of your display change from green to red to green etc. etc. This will tell you it is downloading the software/settings it needs.

hey thats good to know. I havent had to use that "feature" yet ;)

hey thats good to know. I havent had to use that "feature" yet ;)

I found out this from the installer. It is good to know. I should add that the change of colors is not fast it is roughly between 5-10 seconds.

Ok. Found the problem. Someone unplugged my Slingbox. It still passed video but not audio.

Lesson learned.

Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts