Shaw in Mexico

Piti

Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
>Mexico
Hi everybody,

I'm considering to get into Shaw and I'm wonder if my setup will work: I'm located in mexico city and have two 1.2 dishes with linear lnb 10750; I'm thinking to buy an HD or a SD decoder (from a seller in Mexico) depending if my dishes could get HD signal.

My questions are if my setup will work for HD or SD or both, and how could I activate the programming directly in Canada. I don´t have canadian adress.

Thank you in advance, hope you can give me an advice.

Hi everybody,

I'm considering to get into Shaw and I'm wonder if my setup will work: I'm located in mexico city and have two 1.2 dishes with linear lnb 10750; I'm thinking to buy an HD or a SD decoder (from a seller in Mexico) depending if my dishes could get HD signal.

My questions are if my setup will work for HD or SD or both, and how could I activate the programming directly in Canada. I don´t have canadian adress.

Thank you in advance, hope you can give me an advice.

You would be fine with those 2 dishes, now some people will recommend a 1.80 mts for to point at the sat with most HD, but in any event I believe you would do fine, send me a PM if you need more help

You would be fine with those 2 dishes, now some people will recommend a 1.80 mts for to point at the sat with most HD, but in any event I believe you would do fine, send me a PM if you need more help

Sounds great, I'm ordering the receiver and I will send you a PM to get more help with the setup.

I will continue posting in this thread to let you all know the result of my installation and activation.

Finally I bought a DSR209 receptor because a HD receptor it's too expensive for me right now, I had to bought it from a local provider... if works well, later I'm going to jump into HD.

This is the receptor...
dsr207_receiver_large_front.jpg

RZ500 said:
Espero no te salio caro por co
Prarlo aqui, ya tienes btoker? O direccion

Pues si me salió algo caro al comprarlo aquí, aunque en donde lo compre sin bastante confiables y preferí alguien conocido.

Estoy viendo lo del broker...

DJdish said:
Piti
I sent you a PM with some info, feel free to get back with me with any more questions, comments,

Hi DJdish

I'm working with the info you sent me, I really appreciate your advice.

By now I'm aligning the dish to the Sat

Pues si me salió algo caro al comprarlo aquí, aunque en donde lo compre sin bastante confiables y preferí alguien conocido.

Estoy viendo lo del broker...

Que bien, me imagino que DJ ya te paso datos, si no avisame y te los paso es el mismo y es confiable.

:confused:

After several tries, I've aligned the 1.2 mts Dish to 107 sat and get 68% on signal... I think it's enough to get a good reception. I also have broker's information, so the only remaining thing is to figure what programming packages fits my budget. Channels I'm interested in are around $57 CAD + taxes, it's more than I have in mind.

:confused:

After several tries, I've aligned the 1.2 mts Dish to 107 sat and get 68% on signal... I think it's enough to get a good reception. I also have broker's information, so the only remaining thing is to figure what programming packages fits my budget. Channels I'm interested in are around $57 CAD + taxes, it's more than I have in mind.

I believe that with your 1.20 mts pointed to 107 you should be able to maximize to around 86 Q, (that´s about the reading I have on same size dish), make sure you have fine tuned it, including the skew´s lnb.

Hello

I am in Poza Rica, Veracruz a 3 &1/2 hour drive from Mexico city...had replies from you last year when I tried to align a 2 foot elliptical dish (measured across)....I have now returned with a 3ft elliptical dish(measured across) and a DSR 209 box like shown...can only get a 47 % signal.....but am not sure I have everything set right.....am on channel 299, have entered 4128 in box and believe am on sat B not sat A on a 4 starchoice output head.....can you advise as to what could be problem?

ok pointed dish again tonight got a 59 to 60% signal and it went from yellow to green.... could see channel info, time, and date but no pic...trip count was 0....was told receiver was authorized, but has been down here for around 7 months with out being used.....anyone with info that could help?.......

A receiver that has been disconnected from the datastream for seven months has likely lost its authorization, if it was authorized to begin with.

If it was previously authorized under an account in someone else's name, legally speaking, you will need to set up your own account with Shaw and have the unit transferred to your account. A receiver can be transferred from one account to another by Shaw only if the previous owner did not close their account with an outstanding balance.

Hey Thanks for your reply, was wondering tho' if a 59 to 60 % would be enough for a pass, will have my buddy back home whom the receiver is authorized to, to re-send info, account is still open but like I said it has been months....if there is any thing else I should know please do not hesitate to inform me...thanks again from P.R.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)