Shaw New HDPVR installation question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pablovi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Mexico city
Hi, I'm in Mexico city, and I've already had a shaw subscription for about a year and 8 months. I have 2 dishes, one 90 cm pointed at F1 and another 1.8mts pointed at F2.
I have the 505 receiver, so only have single LNB's in each dish with a basic switch.

My question is this, what would I need in order to get the New HDPVR 630, working with my setup? I mean, do I need new LNB's? Which ones? And what kind of swith?
What's a regular 2 dish setup for that receiver?

Also, is Shaw changing birds? Or their footprint in the near future? I just want to know if it's worth investing in the New HDPVR.

Thanks in advanced.

PS: the Starchoice installer in Mexico city I knew has moved, did anyone found another installer???

Hi, I'm in Mexico city, and I've already had a shaw subscription for about a year and 8 months. I have 2 dishes, one 90 cm pointed at F1 and another 1.8mts pointed at F2.
I have the 505 receiver, so only have single LNB's in each dish with a basic switch.

My question is this, what would I need in order to get the New HDPVR 630, working with my setup? I mean, do I need new LNB's? Which ones? And what kind of swith?
What's a regular 2 dish setup for that receiver?

Also, is Shaw changing birds? Or their footprint in the near future? I just want to know if it's worth investing in the New HDPVR.

Thanks in advanced.

PS: the Starchoice installer in Mexico city I knew has moved, did anyone found another installer???

Hey pablovi, long time no read... I believe your current setup would work just fine since you´d be just replacing the box, so there would be no need to change your dishes or anything else. I´m currently using a 1.2 mts for Anik F1 and a 1.8 mts for Anik F2 (the dish for this last bird based on your prior recommendation and experience in our location).

Maybe someone else can shed some light on your question about SD changing their signal, (I certainly hope they won´t mess with the current footprint.

No installers here actually have experience with SD, if you need help or more details on that send me a PM (I´ve gathered some info on installers, fees, etc). In my case I myself messed with my dishes and setup change from DN to SD, changing LNBs, pointing the dishes, etc, which I have enjoyed.

Thanks! I'm glad you finally got your setup going.

Well the 630 has a double tuner, so at least I should get dual LNB's and then some kind of switch, I also don't know if the receiver requieres only one line in, like my SKY +HD, or two.

Thanks again, if I decide to change the receiver I would give you a call, for sure.

you would need dual LNB's and a 4x4 switch. That would work the easiest if you wanted both the 630 and the 505 to work

Here is a FTA setup but it works the same with Shaw...on the outputs where it shows receivers just remember the 630 takes 2 lines

107.3 LNB on bottom of pipc
111.1 on top
attachment.php

Thanks Iceberg!

That's what I needed.

IF I don't keep the 505 and only want the 603, will it work with 2 Dual LNB's and two 2x1 switches?

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)