Shaw Service Upgrade

Jasiner

Original poster
Nov 29, 2022
Florence, AZ
Shaw Direct performed Maintenance on their system overnight and now I have no network signal. I have a 60cm dish with a motorola 630. Tried the fixes they recommended with no result.

I have read elsewhere a factory reset might help.
Options 4-9-8-8-6
There should be a choice to keep your recordings.
Providing this information with no guarantees of success or impact on your saved recordings.

Reactions: harshness
Shaw Direct performed Maintenance on their system overnight and now I have no network signal. I have a 60cm dish with a motorola 630. Tried the fixes they recommended with no result.
most channels moved to a new satellite that is unavailble to be viewed in the Southern US. Big thread on it here

most channels moved to a new satellite that is unavailble to be viewed in the Southern US. Big thread on it here
No that is not what happened last night, this was a change to the coding on the F2 channels. It will help Shaw not have to move everything to g1 right away unless F2 gets worse faster than they think it will. There are still lots of channels on F2.

Reactions: QCK
No that is not what happened last night, this was a change to the coding on the F2 channels.
Since the TS is not in the footprint of Anik G1, their receiver may have missed the updated transponder mapping. The instructions for grabbing the new map data from Anik F2 were posted here in the thread that Mr Tony linked to. The window for using that workaround may (or may not) have passed.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Since the TS is not in the footprint of Anik G1, their receiver may have missed the updated transponder mapping. The instructions for grabbing the new map data from Anik F2 were posted here in the thread that Mr Tony linked to. The window for using that workaround may (or may not) have passed.
We got the stronger F2 signals okay and we're way outside of G1. I was just replying to the person who said what happened yesterday was a bunch of channels moved to G1. A bunch moved a while ago and all the rest will move too but not last nite. Last night was some changes to channels that are still on F2.

hi i have a shaw 605 reciever just got a mesage on my on screan guide that i need to ugrade to the new reciever 830 i am in Playa Del Rey Los Angeles California is this worth it with f2 on the way out..

Reactions: grantb3
No need to upgrade. Your receiver will work fine for the channels currently on F2 until they are moved off the satellite. The only reason for the upgrade to the 800 series receivers is for when channels on G1 change to HEVC encoding, since the 600 series cannot do HEVC. HEVC encoding will not be done on F2.

Reactions: grantb3
Hi, I just got signal loss this morning.
My 830 receiver was disconnected from the satellite dish yesterday, and I found that all channels are gone when I plugged the receiver this morning,

I just searched all over the channels trying to find out one available channel in order to perform a refresh on that channel, but I was no lucky. Does anyone knows what to do in this case? Thank you in advance!!

For those of you with the Winegard SK-7003 Shaw Trav’ler system and and it won’t lock on to the satellite you need to have your software updated and if you are in the Red Deer, AB area please e-mail @ r_dwalton@telus.net and I can arrange to update it for you.