Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy Leaving 'The View'

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The View is about to be almost unrecognizable from the show it was last year. Less than two months after Barbara Walters' retirement from the daytime talk show, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that longtime panelist Sherri Shepherd and newcomer Jenny McCarthy are exiting.

"The View will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively," reads an ABC statement.

Shepherds's departure after seven years on the ABC show's panel comes after last summer's exits for original cast member Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Only one of those seats had been filled with the 2013 addition ofMcCarthy.

After initial reports of Shepherd's departure, McCarthy took to her Twitter account to address her own exit. As of Thursday, only moderator Whoopi Goldberg was still on board for the series' upcoming 18th season.

hollywoodreporter.com

I say lose Whoopie too and start over fresh in season 18. This last season was lackluster at best and I am glad to see Barbara Walters go ,because she really couldn't keep up with the other girls and their conversations without sounding like an old disapproving grandma. Sherrie was never that smart to begin with(she didn't know if the world was flat or not) and Jennie came with her whole against child vaccinations agenda, due to her son being born autistic. I say start all over with new cast and crew or end the show and call it Whoopie's VIEW, since it always seems to be her getting the last word in any conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts