Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
New Boxes ?

on this and lots of others it makes no difference what we say. as soon as THEY can it's over.
how many are we ?
my guess just a few thousand if that.
i read somewhere it wil give the eye patch folks hope and will keep up the prices of HD boxes.
now that they are pretty much done how many new boxes have come out this year for us here in the states ? counting 0
we are now looking to euro land to find something new (AZ).
and how many sellers we know and trust are selling them ?
they see these are PIA boxes not worth the trouble. and even feabay are there lots of them selling them ? not enough $$$ in it.
at this point Pansat might be our only hope they did come up with the S-2 board just for US.
i am beginning to think if want boxes that work like we want them too.
we might have to organize and come up with capital to have them built ourselves (in Korea lol).
and how many of us would or could cough up say 5 or 6 hundred bucks in advance for OUR Dreambox sight unseen ?
we will know by the end of next year when we see how many new boxes pop up.

I agree, it is proably DN's temporary solution to their screw up.

To summarize the thread, it appears that many of DN's customers started to get an error stating that their receiver was not authorized.

It appears that DN has temporarily turned encryption off on Echo7 until they solve the problem.

I see a lot of pictures on this site of people with motorized dishes and Invacom quads, if you are one of those people just point your dish at 119W and do a blind scan for fta channels.

You may have a few days (hours, who knows) of free DN and right now this includes HBO, Starz, NHL and others, I don't see any PPV.

Last edited:
Seems like everything on the 2 main sats is SD, but I did find one new (to me) HD channel FTA on one of the other sats that has had one HD channel FTA for some time. Was hoping for more HD channels on the other sat that has a few HD channels, but nothing new FTA there. :-(

Last edited:
Not all, but it looks like they're going fast.
Still getting several on 2nd mentioned sat, and also the HD I mentioned.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that I think all the transponders I'm still seeing might be spot beams.
Perhaps it takes them longer to get the spot beams back encrypted? Hopefully they'll forget the one I'm watching, as it has some regional channels I can't get OTA.

Last edited:
So what caused the big blowout? Did one of the computers possibly get a virus?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1982824-post75.html

A server failure at an uplink center overnight caused a temporary loss of programming being delivered to a small percentage of DISH Network customers. The issue was resolved quickly and those customers affected had their programming restored by morning.

Speaking of keeping things shhhh, what do we have to do to get into the secret feed lair? Is it only for paid memberships?

No. Click the CLICK HERE link, then join group. Explain briefly why you want in. Give it about a day or so.

If you get in, the link shows up. If not, it doesn't.

With 23 posts, the mods don't have much to go on...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)