Shine a little light on this

mopee3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
washington
We had a thunder and lighting storm last Friday night and when I got in the morning my 922 wouldn't work correctly. Called tech support and long story short, yesterday I hooked up the replacement 922. So late last night I was looking at the menu and I notice there was a "solo/dual" button. It was never there on the old 922.. so being a curious fellow I set it for "dual". Now the 922 acts like a 622 with the dual tuner feeds to 2 different tv sets. I also noticed in the banner at the top when you change stations it says ..."beta". So help me out here what did I get for a replacement receiver? A old beta, a new beta, or something in between?

Moe

Neat... what version of the software does it have?

I have heard they were working on dual mode but havent wanted to say anything as I didn't want people to ask when is it coming... (People are impatient) :)

I am at work so am unable to see the version but you can be sure when I find out I will post it. A question for you beta testers, when you had the beta machines did it say "beta" on the station banner at the top of the page?

I called my wife and tried to get her to give me the software version but to no avail, I will try when I get home.

Moe

Incidentally this morning when it was in dual, I couldn't use the pip and tv2 had a different channel than tv1. Then switched back to solo and had to leave for work.

Nope never said BETA when I was on the beta. :)

Yes you cant use PIP in DUAL mode since both tuners are in use (one for TV1 and theother for TV2)

Nope never said BETA when I was on the beta. :)

Yes you cant use PIP in DUAL mode since both tuners are in use (one for TV1 and theother for TV2)

Ok glad to hear about the beta part, to me that means I may have what many(including me) have been looking for.

Scott it's been awhile since the 622 left so I didn't remember if the pip worked when in duo mode, but now I remember and again with that knowledge things are looking up.

I tried to sling and see the system data on the receiver from here but it's not hooking up, and this happens every once in a while.

Moe

Well I am unable to sling so went to a online chat and here are the results.

Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.
(04) TU Joanne C.RLW: Thank you for your patience, my name is Joanne, my operator ID is RLW. I will be happy to assist you today.
moe: I am unable to sling with my 922
(04) TU Joanne C.RLW: Please hold I will transfer you to the agent that can assist you with the 922.
(04) TU Joanne C.RLW has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (17) New Product department to assist you.
Thank you for contacting New Product Chat. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to review the information you have already provided.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: This is Cynthia (OP: L15) with Advanced Technical Support.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: I'm sorry for your trouble. I'll gladly help you.
Moe ………………….
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Please verify your address including zip code.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Thank you
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: One moment please while I access your account.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: I'm working on the issue now.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Are you logged into the online account now?
moe: yes
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Please log out if you can without closing this window.
moe: done
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Thank you. Bear with me please. I'm working on your issue now.
moe: which bear, black.. polar..grizzly
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Teddy bear
moe: I think I left him/her behind 40+ years ago
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: I'm sorry about that. just to let you know, i have upper engineering looking at your online account now. I'm just awaiting for a response.
moe: do you see problems with it? This has occured before I just thought thats the way Sling works.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Yes. The receiver that was just activated isn't registered on your online account yet, although it should.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: The receiver showing active is the previous 922.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Still working on it.
moe: Ok still waiting....
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Hit Menu Menu on your remote.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Menu twice.
moe: I am not in the house but here is what I had my wife of 40+ long suffering years do... pushed the blue button..reset connection... then she saved it.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Alright, thank you.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Ok, the receiver needs to be powered off tonight. There's a firmware version in the receiver that needs to update in order for it to be accessible online.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: The firmware version is found in the system information to the left hand side. it says Sling Firmware ID. The receiver needs to be placed in standby for that to update. That id should have a series of numbers.
moe: Ohh I don't know if I want to do that. I noticed today this receiver has the word "beta" in the station banner and I now have a Single/duo button in settings that allows me to see a different station on tv1 and tv2 just like the 622/722 series.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: It has to update. However, what you are describing to me isn't typical.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Do you know by any chance what the software on it is? You'd need to access the system information on it.
moe: I understand but at this time I would almost rather have tv1/tv2 than sling and no from here I can't access the information to tell you the software version.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: If the receiver stays in beta mode you could possibly run into more complications.
moe: My long suffering partner told me she thougt the software id was BCG1XACB.. When the next download shows up tonigh will it take away my solo/duo?
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: More than likely, yes as this receiver isn't intended to be like a regular duo unit.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: And yes, that software isn't current.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: There's also a chance that the receiver won't take regular updates since it's in beta mode.
moe: So was this software a 622/722 version? I know before they came into production the beta 922's could access tv1/tv2.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Yes but not anymore. The software for 722/622 is completely different.L6.29
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Your software should read. S1.08
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: My best advise would be to place it in standby overnight and see if the software even changes at all. Then go from there.
moe: Ah Cynthia many people are waiting for a 922 that can access tv1/tv2 and now I have one....granted it can't sling but hum.....maybe I would rather keep it for a bit just to play.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: It's up to you, Mr Price. If you are able to access your channels now, you can use it for now if you'd like.
moe: will it go away if I turn it off tonight?
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: I can't really say if it will. I'm not even sure it will accept new software at this point to updated it.
moe: Oh what to do what to do.. I want to sling tomarrow and watch football... but I also want to have tv1/tv2 access can't those engineers give me both?
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: No, I'm sorry. I really do apologize.
moe: Not your problem its mine and the companys problem..but at least I now know it capable of tv1/tv2 and it has the new interface unlike 722. Almost the perfect receiver except it appears I have to give up tv1/tv2 to get my sling back.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Yes I'm really sorry about that. To utilize Sling it needs to update though.
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: I'll document the account for you if in anycase you contact us back, we can pick up from there.
moe: ok thanks, see ya on the other side
(24DrDep)3 Cynthia S.L15: Thank you for using Dish Network Chat. Have a great day.

So the question I need to ask myself is do I want sling now or take my chances and or lose tv1/tv2. As you beta testers have know the reciever is capable of both so why not now/.....

Moe

Last edited:
Well I turned if off last night, nothing new, solo/dual still there..... but software version still the same. BCG1XXACB and since I was told yesterday this is a old 622/722 version I am guessing sling doesn't work. Sling doesn't appear to work.

Moe

Ok I am at work and sling is working!! I can see and listen to the Miami/Ohio State game. Now if this holds up and I still have "solo/duo" for tv1/tv2 when I get home.. well this is the receiver we all have thought the 922 would should be.
Now if I just had my 65" Panny set up to see if tv1/tv2 are both HD, if so that would really be icying on the cake!

Must be the software version.

Moe

Ok I am at work and sling is working!! I can see and listen to the Miami/Ohio State game. Now if this holds up and I still have "solo/duo" for tv1/tv2 when I get home.. well this is the receiver we all have thought the 922 would should be.
Now if I just had my 65" Panny set up to see if tv1/tv2 are both HD, if so that would really be icying on the cake!

Must be the software version.

Moe

For some reason you got a receiver that is still targeted for Beta Software. If you give me your R00 after hitting menu-menu....I can remove it from the Beta Target List and have production get put back on so you will have S108. I am the 922 Platform Manager..Duo mode is only avail when "remote viewing."

For some reason you got a receiver that is still targeted for Beta Software. If you give me your R00 after hitting menu-menu....I can remove it from the Beta Target List and have production get put back on so you will have S108. I am the 922 Platform Manager..Duo mode is only avail when "remote viewing."

I understand, but I think I like it, I think I like it a lot!! :D I mean I am at my office watching football and when I get home and set it to "duo" mode I can use tv1/tv2. So basically it is doing what we all are waiting for the 922 to do.
Actually I was watching a ballgame yesterday in the living room in duo mode while my wife was in the other room watching some other show. I am not sure what you mean by "remote viewing" but I wasn't hooked up to sling at the time.

Haven't tried the EHD function yet but maybe tonight.

Haven't been able to get the second remote to hook up yet, but a minor problem.

So tell me again why I want to give you my R00 number?? :)

If you are a platform manager maybe you can tell us all when this software version will be available to the general public? There are alot of us wondering when... and I don't think "soon" will help.

Moe

Last edited:
A 922 does dual mode till it takes the first software download and then it goes into single mode -unless you use remote access and sling. You have a beta 922 that doesn't have the regular sub software- S108 XACB.

Wow you have been quietly watching our discussions :) Would it be possible to add someone to the Beta Target List and have this version of software pushed out to the 922?

A 922 does dual mode till it takes the first software download and then it goes into single mode -unless you use remote access and sling. You have a beta 922 that doesn't have the regular sub software- S108 XACB.

Yes, that is the way it should be working but I have been turning off the receiver each night wondering if it would download S108, but so far it hasn't done so. I looked again this am to see if it had changed, nope, I still have solo/duo and can switch between the 2. Plus "Beta" is still on the channel banner. I looked to see if it recognized the EHD but no joy.

I believe it's just a matter of time untill Dish takes it away or brings everyone else up to at least BCG1, if that is truly a advancement.

If Jbaer15 is truely what he says he is it shouldn't be that hard to track down this machine and correct the software version.

Unlike S108, when in duo mode and I sling, it takes over tv1 instead of tv2 , and if a recording is taking place it doesn't automatically switch to solo mode.

Moe

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)