Shortage of Dish Pro Plus equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ncommtech

Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Does anyone know about the dish pro plus twin shortage
Techs in dish network are being retrained in legacy equipment
because of the shortage of dish pro equipment
Has there been some legal problems with Dish Network and dish pro
Help:(

dish just want it to be used up to cut the cust per job because they re mand all legacy equptment . but oh wait we use more end ground blocks and cable

There is no shortage of Dish Pro Plus twins.At least not for this area.We get our EQ from E* in Atlanta....The shortage is in Dish Pro Twins..We are simply using Dish Pro Quads..There is no training needed for legacy LNB's....

We went through this about a year ago(No DPP's), and recently with the DP Twins. It was a pretty big issue with my office, since we all buy our own drop supplies, and had gotten spoiled on DPP. Of course substituting Quads for Twins was fairly painless. :)

The only Legacy lnbs I see anymore are duals and the occasional old green Quad. Haven't seen a Legacy Twin anywhere but on old installs.

We went through this about a year ago(No DPP's), and recently with the DP Twins. It was a pretty big issue with my office, since we all buy our own drop supplies, and had gotten spoiled on DPP. Of course substituting Quads for Twins was fairly painless. :)

The only Legacy lnbs I see anymore are duals and the occasional old green Quad. Haven't seen a Legacy Twin anywhere but on old installs.
I spoke to my inventory mgr today. he said DPP twins were plentiful here,. In fact we have a truck coming in today with a the DPP twin order filled.
We'd be pretty well screwed without them. In this region, most newer homes are built on concrete slabs. One story homes of that kind aren' that bg of a deal; although one may roast going into the attic because of the ridicuolously hot weather(42 of last 44 days 90 degrees or higher)
It is the two story homes that have tv's in the middle of the living area on the ground floor. Also may homes have upgraded structured wiring and most opf these customer would rather you cut off a limb than drill any holes or pull new cable. Their argument (very understandable) is they paid all that money for wiring and now we have to run more.. They ususally say forget the Dish. Such was the case before DPP plus became available..However I am sure Directv customers have to put up with it..Wiring a 3,000 to 5,000 square foot house is not easy. In fact it is very time consuming. And from a financial standpoint (for conrtractors) a disaster. But there is that saver on the back of the service agreement that says "up to 200 feet of cable". That menas we can charge extra for any footage over that amount.
Don't forget you can always try get winback to add a dpp 44 and not charge the customer for it.

what i want to know is why do they always make this wonderful and easy to install equipment and then make us jump trough hoops to use.. ie the 44+ and now the dpp twin.. i say either change the points on a wo to fit the fact that you have to do all the extra work or come off the 44+'s and dpp's. The "shortage"(cough) (bs) just hit us here last week.. sooo.. we are now useing 1000.2's.. wanna save some money?. gimme back my dpp's

what i want to know is why do they always make this wonderful and easy to install equipment and then make us jump trough hoops to use.. ie the 44+ and now the dpp twin.. i say either change the points on a wo to fit the fact that you have to do all the extra work or come off the 44+'s and dpp's. The "shortage"(cough) (bs) just hit us here last week.. sooo.. we are now useing 1000.2's.. wanna save some money?. gimme back my dpp's
Hm. I wonder if there is a shortage and they are shipping the DPP Twins and DPP44's to areas that have A) more HD work and B) DMA's that need D-1000 plus which require a DPP44. we are in such a market..Our locals come off 118.7 meaning an HD upgrade of install reuires 4 orbital slots.

No, just production problems. All the factories have been cranking out the 1000.2 LNBFs, and have no been manufacturing or remanufacturing DPP Twins or even DP Duals, so there's a shortage. Also, Dish has a massive backstock of legacy equipment, especially SW64 switches. That equipment was paid for years ago, and warehoused when the DP equipment first came out. So they want to use it up while the DPP shortage is going on. Since it was paid for so long ago, from a bookkeeping perspective, it's free product. From a tech point of view, it's a pain in the ass for us to have to install legacy, however the stuff is much more reliable. I never had a single hardware-related trouble call on any of the jobs I used SW64 switches on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts