Should I be able to get a signal here? (photos included)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
coolbreeze said:
NICE. Thanks for the suggestions. With a walkie talkie, a 7/16 wrench and a patient girifriend, I was able to tweak my sats to this:

110 - 76-78 (up from 30-40)
119 - 101-102 (up from 87-90)

What a difference a few millimeters make. Thank God I didn't have to cut any more trees...at least yet.

Looking at your pictures you took....you are still assuming the dish is "looking" straight. It is not... it's an offset LNB so it looks like the dish is shooting through a tree.

I also have trees. You should have growth issues due within 12 to 24 months.
I was up to high. Going lower to the ground, the offset angle can clear.
My only option was a ground mount. Worked better than the original way.

From what you learned you should be able to do it yourself.
Find an old legacy single Directv dish, mount to PCV pipe in the ground, 2 to 3 feet off the ground. I got a way without cement. I bypassed using the dish 500
Quad LNB, as it adds to much weight, using a twin. Pratice with single dish 110 settings.

The only problem I foresee, these new recievers from both E & D, are manufactored not to be able to aim using their signal stregnth, you need a meter or must already be aimed having signal from that mounted location.

I also noticed firmware, a couple of years ago changed. If the dish is perfectly aimed, or if you were joining 2 dishs together. The signal meter says your 2nd dish has no stregnth, when its really does, until the switch test is completed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)