Should I buy a 1000.2?

bobc

Original poster
May 24, 2004
I've been doing some reading here most the evening trying to figure out what would be the easiest way to hook up my Dish recivers. Currently I have a Dish 1000, a Dish 500 with a quad Dish Pro LNBF, a 4000 reciver, a 510 receiver, and 2 921 recievers. I also have another Dish 500 with a dual Dish Pro LNBF sitting in the garage. The 4000 and 510 receivers are going away soon and there's a 622 on the way. :)

From what I've been reading tonight it sounds like the best way to hook up the 2 921's and the 622 will be to sell the 3 dishes I have a buy a 1000.2. If I'm reading correctly I can run one cable to each of the 3 recivers, then use a Dish Pro Plus Separator just before the receiver to use both tuners. Is that correct?

I also read the connecting a Dish 500 with a single LNBF to the 1000.2 while pointing the 500 to the 61.5 satalight will increase the HD signal reception. Is that correct? I live in Portage, MI (SW lower MI) if that makes a difference.

If my assumptions above are correct my shopping list includes:
3 Dish Pro Plus Separators
1 Dish 1000.2
1 Single LNBF for one of my Dish 500's (does it need to be a Dish Pro Plus or can I use a Dish Pro?)

Any thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I've been doing some reading here most the evening trying to figure out what would be the easiest way to hook up my Dish recivers. Currently I have a Dish 1000, a Dish 500 with a quad Dish Pro LNBF, a 4000 reciver, a 510 receiver, and 2 921 recievers. I also have another Dish 500 with a dual Dish Pro LNBF sitting in the garage. The 4000 and 510 receivers are going away soon and there's a 622 on the way. :)

From what I've been reading tonight it sounds like the best way to hook up the 2 921's and the 622 will be to sell the 3 dishes I have a buy a 1000.2. If I'm reading correctly I can run one cable to each of the 3 recivers, then use a Dish Pro Plus Separator just before the receiver to use both tuners. Is that correct?

I also read the connecting a Dish 500 with a single LNBF to the 1000.2 while pointing the 500 to the 61.5 satalight will increase the HD signal reception. Is that correct? I live in Portage, MI (SW lower MI) if that makes a difference.

If my assumptions above are correct my shopping list includes:
3 Dish Pro Plus Separators
1 Dish 1000.2
1 Single LNBF for one of my Dish 500's (does it need to be a Dish Pro Plus or can I use a Dish Pro?)

Any thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

You probably need to add an I-Adaptor to your list to facilitate attaching a Dish Pro LNBF to your 500 dishes arm.

You probably need to add an I-Adaptor to your list to facilitate attaching a Dish Pro LNBF to your 500 dishes arm.

When I added my D500 to my 1000.2, I ordered a kit for it. Basically the single LNBF with an I adapter and the 500.

You would want to get the I adapter because it will center the single LNBF. Can get it online for around $10 + S&H.

When I added my D500 to my 1000.2, I ordered a kit for it. Basically the single LNBF with an I adapter and the 500.

You would want to get the I adapter because it will center the single LNBF. Can get it online for around $10 + S&H.

Where did you get the kit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)