Should I cancel my order and re-order?

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Hi again everyone,

I just placed an order yesterday online direct with Dish Network. Then I discovered 3 things...

1. Because I used to be with Dish Network and going back to them, they wouldn't let me order through the website. I talked to a CSR online and was able to complete my order with new customer promos. But after the whole order was placed, I noticed he didn't apply the club dish promo code for $50 off (I had given them the code when I was ordering through their site until the very last step where the system couldn't completely process my order). Then later on I find out that I don't qualify for that because I'm not a 1st time customer.

2. Then I read about the new "HD for free for life" promo... and I'm not sure if I'm going to qualify for that. My order says "HD Enabled", but didn't include a $10 charge for HD. I didn't go for the platinum package. So it looks like they're giving me HD for free, but I'm not sure if I fall into the "for life" part?

3. Then I read about all the recommendations to go with DishStore.net, and saw they've got rebates of up to $75 if I ordered from them. I really could use that rebate!

So my first instinct is to cancel my order with Dish, and then re-order through DishStore.net after 6/3.

But if I cancel my order with Dish, will Dish somehow see this as a negative and flag my account that prevents me from getting a new customer promo? I'm already a former customer (I cancelled my service well after my contract ended, never paid late, was on autopay, and returned everything, and it's been a year since I cancelled service), so I don't want to do anything to further jeopardize my chances?

Any advice? I would've contacted DishStore but they're closed for the weekend. Thanks!

I'm sure Claude answered your questions, but since I was in exactly your boat about 3 weeks ago, I figured I'd chime in.

I had ordered by phone first before coming here. I did cancel my order through Dish with no penalties, then ordered through Dishstore (by phone), with absolutely no problems. It didn't even push back my install date, which was only 2 days later.

Dishstore should be able to get you all the promos, but I believe I saw that the dishclub discount didn't apply with the other new customer deals in some text I was reading. Basically you could use the dishclub discount, but you'd disqualify yourself from other discounts that were worth more.

I'd recommend signing up *before* 6/3 so you can get grandfathered into the HD for life deal without having to pay $99 upfront, or have to meet the other qualifications. In our cases that comes down to the auto-pay for 6 months(?) requirement as we pretty much already have a 2 yr commitment (not that 6 mo. of auto-pay is that big a deal).

Other than that, it doesn't change the actual monthly cost, at least not for me. Unless I decide to drop the HD Platinum pack, which would be a $10 savings (I'm thinking of keeping it through the Summer of repeats, and dropping in come Fall).

Thanks Racerx, good to have real life "confirmation" of someone else doing the same thing... The CSR mentioned that if I signed back up they would have to charge me 2 months of service in advance... I don't know what that's about, but if that's how they want to do it, fine...

I'll give Dishstore tomorrow and see about getting everything re-ordered. Yes I'm thinking about adding the Platinum HD so I can get grandfathered in, and check out if I really need it or not... Thanks!

The CSR mentioned that if I signed back up they would have to charge me 2 months of service in advance... I don't know what that's about, but if that's how they want to do it, fine...

That's standard procedure, I got the same instructions from Dishstore.net. Basically you'll get a bill upfront for 2 months, than nothing until after 45 days. Something to do with charging 1 month upfront.

Thanks Racerx... I don't mind paying 2 months upfront, as long as I'm not paying more than I should!

Thanks Racerx... I don't mind paying 2 months upfront, as long as I'm not paying more than I should!

Its not basically 2 months upfront. U will receive a bill that will have a billing date. so u will be pay from the day u got installed to billing date + next month in advance.Basically u will be watching that "1st month" sort of free till u pay ur 1st invoice.

Its not basically 2 months upfront. U will receive a bill that will have a billing date. so u will be pay from the day u got installed to billing date + next month in advance.Basically u will be watching that "1st month" sort of free till u pay ur 1st invoice.

Yea, thats a good way to describe it.

The way I explain it is that the 1st bill is for 2 months of service and is due within 20 days from the date of installation. You pay for the month of service you used at that point and the month your going to use. Then every month going forward you pay for the month your going to use ahead of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)