Should I dump Comcast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

taiteng

Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
I am considering going to a dish. Since I have invested in a HDTV in April 2005, Comcast has not added one new HD channel. When I watch Penguin hockey, FSN
Sports broadcasts in HD and all the surrounding cable outlets will show it, instead I have to stretch it in SD. I saw that DISH has a lot of HD options that are affordable. Anybody have advice to which satellite company is better, or should I just stay put and hope Verizon Fios Tv comes available. Thanks

Dump Comcast go for Dish youll love it. I live just north of Pittsburgh. And I have had dish for 8 years. Will never go back to cable again. Plus I pick up all the Pitt. locals in digital form with a Radioshack antenna. you can get the locals with the satilite but they come in better with an antenna. Watched the superbowl in HiDef outstanding

If you're looking for more HD now, Dish is the way to go.
As far as waiting for FIOS - depending on where you are it might not be available for a while. With Dish you will probably have a 12 to 18 month commitment, so you could get Dish now, then when the commitment is up you can see where FIOS is and maybe switch then if conditions are right.

Thanks for replying

Larrykay:

I live in Ross Township, North Hills. Do you get Fox Sports in HD? or any of the Pens or Pirate games in HD on other channels? Can you get local channels in HD without an attenna? Thanks

Yeah I just dumped ComCast "ConCast" and I am so glad I did. I was paying 100 a month for 2 DVR's and there Digital Silver what a joke. I got the 622 with the Dish 1000 and the HD Gold couldent be happier!!!!! So long cable never to return!

DirtyTurbin said:
Yeah I just dumped ComCast "ConCast" and I am so glad I did. I was paying 100 a month for 2 DVR's and there Digital Silver what a joke. I got the 622 with the Dish 1000 and the HD Gold couldent be happier!!!!! So long cable never to return!

Dump Comcast. Too many problems with their customer service.

I only had one minor problem with Dish Network, but it wasn't a serious thing.

Last edited:
I dumped Comcast about 2 1/2 years ago and have never regretted it! I just spent the weekend at the in-laws, who still have Comcast. I can't get over how much I missed Dish - especially the guide! The only reason I would even remotely consider going back to Comcast is for high-speed Internet (and even then, I would probably keep my Dish!).

ts7 said:
I dumped Comcast about 2 1/2 years ago and have never regretted it! I just spent the weekend at the in-laws, who still have Comcast. I can't get over how much I missed Dish - especially the guide! The only reason I would even remotely consider going back to Comcast is for high-speed Internet (and even then, I would probably keep my Dish!).

I dumped Time Warner Cable for DISH, kept the high speed internet, and haven't looked back since!

1. Dish's equiptment is better. I have a 622 and 525. My HD DVR from comcast was junk. Slow clunky, locked up. 622 speedy, picture quality is very good.
I had brighthouse, which was not as good as echostar, but decent enough that i would not switch. Dish even offers 30 day money back now.

2. Dish is cheaper, i have the platinum package, and I am still paying less for dish, than I did with comcast. Actually switch backed to the man, dump vonage and comcast for DSL, and plain old phone service.

3. Equiptment will reverse feed house with 480i. With amp, can feed the whole house.

4. I hated dealing with comcast from day 1.

5. My non techie wife even like dish.

What i miss

On demand channels. Comcast has dish beat. But since i rarely used the on demand, i never really looked back. Worse case i buy what i miss from itunes.

Cable signal is slightly better. no blackouts with rain. But my uptime is beyond 99.9%

INHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts