should i get HOME PROTECTION PLAN??

sanhin2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
OK.. so i have recently signed up with dish network.. and they recomended the home protection plan... im not quite sure what it is or how is it going to help me.. can any 1 explain?? thnx

The dish home protection plan runs $5.99 a month, it enhances the warranty on your dish network equipment by removing the shipping charge of $14.95 should tech support determine that they can fix a problem by sending you a replacement part. It also drops the service call fee from $99. to $29. if it is determined that dish needs to send out a technician to fix the problem your having. Is it worth it depends on wether you feel its worth the added monthly expense, given the nature of the way the industry is going and the gamble ( You may or may not get a good tech ) you may be taking when you have satellite or cable installed I would say it is worth it if your not technicaly or mechanicly enclined and unable to work through any potential problem you may encounter with your system should it arise.

It's only $5.99... if money isn't real tight, I'd get it in a second... the 'pros' (all the benefits mentioned by Mr. Van above) outweigh the single 'con' it has (the monthly fee).

If you have one nonDVR receiver (301, 3800, etc) with a Dish300/500/1000 then its not worth it. There is not a part that would cost you the $72 a year + $29 service call that they are charging you if you can get a used receiver or lnbf or switch off of here cheap enough. If you have a SuperDish then those are harder to deal with and have more expensive components then maybe you should get it. Parts should be a bit cheaper now that a lot of SuperDish markets went to Dish1000. If you have a DVR then I strongly recommend getting one particularly if you have a 721, 522, 942, 921. The 501, 508, and 510 can be had relatively cheap (under $100 in some cases) used.

yea but getting a used receiver from ebay or a classified add is a gamble, you never know who it is thats selling it, how honest they are wich can lead to you getting a door stop or a box with a balance on it, same goes for the rest of the equipment. And in some cases if you have an ancient receiver they will replace it if its dead with an upgraded receiver at no additional charge.

If you just signed up with dish and you are on the 18 month contract, then you will have this free for the length of the contract so don't fret about the monthly charge right now, enjoy it.:hatsoff:

sanhin2 said:
OK.. so i have recently signed up with dish network.. and they recomended the home protection plan... im not quite sure what it is or how is it going to help me.. can any 1 explain?? thnx

midwest said:
If you just signed up with dish and you are on the 18 month contract, then you will have this free for the length of the contract so don't fret about the monthly charge right now, enjoy it.:hatsoff:

i am NOT on a contrcat.. i paid the $50

Get the plan, I have had two 99.00 service calls in the last year due to hurricane damage, which with the plan only cost me 29.00 each for total savings of 140.00. So far, even at 5.99 a month, I am ahead of the game.

Everyone has to pay the 50 bucks whether they are contract or not. I would log in to your account and see what your first bill shows. If it says DHPP and a credit on your bill, you're all set.

sanhin2 said:
i am NOT on a contrcat.. i paid the $50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts