Should I keep Dish Appointment ?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
A couple of days ago I had to call Dish to schedule a service call to realign Dish,went thru with Tech on chat and after 20 minutes I was told what I already knew ,That I need a tech to come out and fix Dish.I had a friend come by today and he helped me to get a signal back in just by moving Dish a tiny bit with handle of a broom.The Dish was so loose you could auctually turn it all away around.
My question is would you still keep appointment and pay 29.00 to have Dish come out.I want Dish to tighten the Dish right this time,it never should have been that loose,and ask to have them tweak signal,I guess I could try and tighten myself but dont like climbing up on roof anyway.
Will installer be annoyed that I was able to kind of fix,also want them to check receiver to see if should be replaced.
I guess this is kind of like being in pain with a toothache making appointment just to have tooth stop hurting before appointment.
Would most people keep appointment?

Well it was too late for me to cancel appoint but I didnt need to, the Tech never showed up anyway.I have now rescheduled for next week and they better show up.If they dont show up I will fight tooth and nail to get out of contract as this is the 3 rd time (separate incidents) that I have made appointments and they have some excuse not to show up.Todays excuse was we have no other service calls to your area today so no tech is available.If Dish isnt willing to maintain their equipment wouldnt that be a cause to cancel.I dont live out in the Boonies,I am between 2 decent size Cities(Santa Maria and Santa Barbara)and the techs are always from The Bakerfield area,I feel thats their problem not having closer techs.In our area they will come out and do an install with no problems,after that your pretty much on your own.

Last edited:
I ussually do not do what other people do, just how I am made. If it were me I would buy a satellite meter, tighten the bolts as much as possible with allowing movment of the dish and try to peak it myself. If you are successful and the dish is solid afterwords, cancel. If you are unable...keep the appointment.

have them come out. they will update the system and make sure it KEEPS working. the tech will not be annoyed. in fact you can ask the tech, if he can get the fee 'waived' if he /she has experience talking to dish, this might be possible.

Is there a way around this charge. A few weeks ago i had this same problem and my dish had to be tightened and re-peaked. I had to pay the 29 bucks....did I get hosed or something?
if so, then you are under warranty. the charge you paid covers you right now if the tech didnt fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts