Should I upgrade from 622 to 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cajun_Mike

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Also, how much are they charging for the upgrade if I own my 622? Or should I wait for a newer HD DVR that's coming soon?

Really no need unless you want a black receiver and a bigger hard drive, that's really the only main differences between the 622 and 722. Or you can wait for the 722k, which has the two-way remote capability, but I'm guessing that might be added to the 622/722 with a software update in the near future anyway.

Really no need unless you want a black receiver and a bigger hard drive, that's really the only main differences between the 622 and 722. Or you can wait for the 722k, which has the two-way remote capability, but I'm guessing that might be added to the 622/722 with a software update in the near future anyway.

The k model will also have a 2-tuner OTA capability or no OTA capability, depending on what configuration you choose, along with the usual 2-tuners for sat.

I say stick with the 622.

If you want more hard drive space, just get an external hard drive.

If you want more OTA get the DTVPal DVR. While the dual OTA for the 722k sounds cool, so long as my 722 can last, I'll stick with this guy until a dual HDMI version comes out.

Having both a 622 and a 722 I agree with all that's been said. I can see no difference except color and a bigger HDD. However, if you decide to get a 722 anyway, you may want to talk them into allowing you to keep the 622.

The cost to me to upgrade after a recent fire and move was $95. I was part of the free "dish mover" plan and indicated that my 622 survived the fire but may be damaged by heat/smoke. I also indicated that with the change in residence and a potential LOS problem (trees) that I was considering switching to DirecTV because of their sats being higher from the horizon. As part of the deal the CSR allowed me to keep the 622 after I requested it. I think they would have trashed it anyway.

So I now have the 622 as a drone (not connected to a dish) and use it in a spare room to watch programming transferred from the 722 via HDD. Works well for me and I don't pay a 2nd receiver charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts