Should Mike Tyson Retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
Mike Tyson has lost and quit in the 6th round on June 11ths PPV.

Here is the question....
Should Mike Tyson retire OR
Does he still have something left.

What do you think?

He should have retired after the embarrassing performance in Louisville last year.

He admitted that he wasn't a good fighter anymore and said he only did it for the money. whe is going to touch him now

Are you kidding? He should have retired after Buster Douglas. He may find work in the WWE now I bet.

Retire?...and do what?...live on the millions he has managed to save? What other options does he available: Youth mentor? Rape counsellor? Investment manager? Book writer? Unfortunately, the train wreck known as Mike Tyson will continue to box as long as someone is willing to pay to see him fight or fall down...even if it is only for a few thousand dollars. It certainly beats the wages being paid by McDonalds. Sad, but true.

John Walsh said:
He admitted that he wasn't a good fighter anymore and said he only did it for the money. whe is going to touch him now

Tyson was never "great", IMO. Good enough at best.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000474

Name one great fighter Tyson beat in his entire career that was also in their Prime? Larry Holmes was 17 years older than Tyson when they fought. Holyfield whipped his A$$. Spinks? he was a joke IMO. He lost a title for refusing to fight Lennox Lewis in 1996 and lost to him when they finally fought. Tyson is a bad memory of how utterly awful the heavyweight division was during his career.

vurbano said:
Tyson was never "great", IMO. Good enough at best.

You are correct there. I have always said that he is a fighter and not a boxer. If he didn't knock the person out in the first 3 rounds then he was in big trouble. I don't remember how every fight transpired but I would bet that he lost every fight that was 4 rounds or longer...at the very least it was a VERY high percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)