Should new subscribers wait on the Vip622? Some Advice Please!

JohnsPass

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I just moved into a new house and want Dish HD/DVR, four rooms with the VOOM channels. I should qualify as a new subscriber.
Do I need to forgo any TV until the Vip622’s are available in February?
Is leased equipment the sensible way to go?
Who should I call?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

JohnsPass said:
I just moved into a new house and want Dish HD/DVR, four rooms with the VOOM channels. I should qualify as a new subscriber.
Do I need to forgo any TV until the Vip622’s are available in February?
Is leased equipment the sensible way to go?
Who should I call?
Any thoughts are appreciated.
YES wait.
Hopefully available in Feb.

Think of all you'll get done if you wait to get tv until Feb. I'm sure you're busy with the new house and all.

At this point I would at least wait a couple of weeks untill CES announcements, just to hear the official word on what's coming and if there are any upgrade policies in place.

Welcome to the forum, JohnsPass!

I went through the same situation 2 weeks ago. I already had an installation scheduled when the vip622 news was released. I canceled the install, and now I have a 942 sitting at home waiting for return. I just hope the February release is accurate. Considering that the 411 was released close to schedule, I am hopeful the vip622 will be on time.

I'm planning on picking up a 811 to tide me over so I can watch Showtime and HBO Original series this month and next.

Thanks for the quick advice. I will stay TV-less and monitor SatelliteGuys for equipment developments.
Thanks!

Family Programming Packages

Dish HD only

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)