Should there be a Raw feeds section?

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I know it might sound odd to talk about wild feeds with cable. FTA fans know what it refers to.

If your tv has a ATSC tuner you can scan with the tuner and find things...odd things...some very nice things :D

I don't think this should be totally public as I'm sure a cableco would take something down the second they find out.

I'm purposing some sort of password type site like the feed one.

Some of what I've found is kinda meaningless (locals in hdtv...that's free anyway), others though are channels not even listed anywhere by the company itself and a another group is a few gems.:hungry:

It might be nice to share some of these.

it might be really location specific and a pain to keep seperated. I know I have found lots of "nice" things, but they only apply to my head-end and are not system wide. Even system wide unencrypted stuff differs on QAM number in different areas of the same provider.

I usually just scan once or twice a month and check out what is listed on silicondust site.

Silicondust is OK but these ones seem not to show up.

The biggest one doesn't even show up in mapping...I found one good channel...went up...ok found another...hmm the odd thing is sometimes when you find a channel all of a sudden others show up but they are empty.

out of around 330 or so channels found most are just analog in the clear but there's technically 8 I found.

Maybe I'll pm you with results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)