Show your support

I'll continue to buy HD DVDs as long as they are available, expecially when BB has BOGOs or deep discounts. I haven't bought any from Amazon yet but that's in my future as long as they are available. I don't begrudge the continuing investment into an apparently lost cause at all. I could watch HD DVDs until I croak and probably still not see them all at the rate I'm able to watch them. And then I have all those SD DVDs that look great upconverted for the most part...!

Just wonder why so many are saying the HDDVD is a lost cause. I have not really been paying any attention to the debate as I felt I would wait to see what would win. With what I felt was a no-brainer deal at BB for the HDDVD player, I now have the HDDVD.

With the price down so far I would think this would give the HDDVD an edge at this point. Is it just the fact that the PS3 plays Blue Ray that it has the edge?

Just wonder why so many are saying the HDDVD is a lost cause. I have not really been paying any attention to the debate as I felt I would wait to see what would win. With what I felt was a no-brainer deal at BB for the HDDVD player, I now have the HDDVD.

With the price down so far I would think this would give the HDDVD an edge at this point. Is it just the fact that the PS3 plays Blue Ray that it has the edge?

If you want an honest response, you should post this in the war zone forum.

A few weeks ago Warners annouced that it will be dropping support for HD DVD later this year which has led amny to conclude that the trend is toward BD.

We will see. But that is the answer to your question.

A few weeks ago Warners annouced that it will be dropping support for HD DVD later this year which has led amny to conclude that the trend is toward BD.

We will see. But that is the answer to your question.
To help clarify the impact...

By titles released (major Hollywood studios):

Warner is 40% of HD DVD releases (125 titles)
Universal is 45% of HD DVD releases (144 titles)
Paramout/Dreamworks is 15% of HD DVD releases (48 titles)

(source - hddvdstats.com)

No matter what advantages the HD DVD format might have over the competition, it is difficult to imagine how it can survive after losing so much software support.

To help clarify the impact...
To help clarify the poster history...
It might take Amir to pinpoint the ridiculos statement of yours about Paramount and reasoning behind what codecs they are using
AVS Forum - View Single Post - What is the dominant codec between HD/BR?
Warner is 40% of HD DVD releases (125 titles)
Universal is 45% of HD DVD releases (144 titles)
Paramout/Dreamworks is 15% of HD DVD releases (48 titles)

but those very numbers you could check yourself before posting (on the very site you refer to)
Warner - 34%
Universal - 39%
Para/Dream - 13%
Others - Rest

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)