Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Stayed at a Radisson recently. They had Speakman Company showerheads. Great showerhead, but I suspect it was not 2.5 gpm. All the same, pursuing the matter, it seems that company sells "hotel" grade and "home" grade. Just double the price.

What is the difference? Do hotels have a different thread, or is it paying for self cleaning, or what?

I actually carry a cheap non water saving shower head that I change out at the motel anytime I travel, never have run across different threads.

I thought I was the only one that did that. I own some timeshares in Aruba and I have a storage unit down there. I keep a shower head and a pair of channel locks there.

That being said, if you are looking for a great shower head, have a look at Water Management - Shower Heads Since 1989. We have terrible water pressure in this house (barely 50#) and those shower heads make a world of difference.

Thank you. Looks like I have several options to choose from.

I have the "Speakman Anystream" shower head.
Absolutely the best (to me anyway! ) :D:up
Got it at Lowe's (or Home Depot? ) ...been a while.

Thank you. Looks like I'll be getting another look at that showerhead at the Radisson. :(

So- why do the "hotel" versions cost so much more? If I knew, I could decide if it's worth it or not. It's not like a hotel shower is going to be used more than a home shower. The hotels I've stayed in, in Baltimore, obviously have higher pressure. Because they're hotels? Or is that just Baltimore?

I also have a Speakman Anystream. A stay at the Sheraton New Orleans did it for me. I bought mine at Home Depot about 4 years ago for around $40. Well worth it.

Some of the showerheads have instructions in the package on how to remove the 2.5 gpm restrictor. I did that and the difference is remarkable.

I also have a Speakman Anystream. A stay at the Sheraton New Orleans did it for me. I bought mine at Home Depot about 4 years ago for around $40. Well worth it.

Would that be the Anystream 2005?

I went with the below. Apparently there are several Speakman Anystream versions. This one is quite heavy, self-cleaning, and has plenty of power even with the restrictor left in. Thank you for the suggestions, which I will keep on hand for other showers.
41AE6mmOkkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Attachments

• Speakman S-2251.jpg
    Speakman S-2251.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 103
I went with the below. Apparently there are several Speakman Anystream versions. This one is quite heavy, self-cleaning, and has plenty of power even with the restrictor left in. Thank you for the suggestions, which I will keep on hand for other showers.
41AE6mmOkkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fancy looking. Maybe it's time for an upgrade...

Just takes coin of the realm. LOT'S of coin of the realm. Check Amazon.

OK rey, you gotta elaborate a bit, horrible experience doesn't say enough.
their product not meeting expectations and a company not following through their own policies on refunds. in other words if you dare buy you're better off keeping that POS shower head because a refund ain't going to happen. they ignore all emails too. customer service is non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)