"Showstopper" of a bug on 922

lgball

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Oklahoma
So last night me and the family are watching a program on the 922 that we recorded several nights ago. A thunderstorm came through and up pops the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" box. OK, I thought, it's nice to be notified of the loss of signal even though I am watching a recorded show, so I click the "close" button to send away the dialog box so we can continue watching our show. Not so fast. "Close" just takes you to another dialog that says the satellite signal is lost with a "details" button at the bottom. Clicking "details" takes you back to the original dialog. That's all you can do - flip back and forth between two dialogs that obscure about 75% of the center of the screen.

Now here's the real kicker - every other button on the remote is disabled. You can't pause your show, you can't do anything. You are forced to just sit and watch a dialog box with your show running behind it. Can't believe this one slipped through the cracks. Once our show ended, I was able to regain control, but until then - couldn't do a thing except maybe unplug the thing or reset it.

This really needs some attention in the next software release.

Larry

I to noticed this last night when I was watching treme I recorded awhile ago. Same thing storm what i did was hit DVR and took me it and got out of that cycle.

Yeah, I've seen it as well. They need to do something so that you can go straight from there to watching DVR stuff - I didn't know I could do that until I saw people here discussing how to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)