Showtime solicitation

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
"Why don't you want Showtime for free?"

Dish called and offered me Showtime free for 3 months, followed by [FONT=&quot]interrogation as to why I wouldn't want Showtime. She couldn't grasp that I already subscribe via cable, which offers more of the multichannels and the On Demand.

I think this is the first telemarketing call I have had from Dish. I just upped my package from the 100 to 250. Maybe they see me as a bigger spender and more calls are to come.

Is this common practice with Dish? So far they'd left me alone. My cable company doesn't call and try to push more services on me. If I want more channels I know how to add them.
[/FONT]

They call me every 6 months or so, but they do have an 800# you can call and request they never telemarket to you again. It's pretty up front I feel.

I have an answering machine. It takes all my calls. Never need to talk to telemarketers, pollsters, etc any more.

FWIW, I chose not to take the 3 months free Showtime. Just wasn't much there that interested me or my wife, even for free.

Man Dish calls me all the friggin' time to try and upsell me the premium channels. It's so goddamn irritating. What's the special 800 number you can call to opt-out?

Thanks for the number to call. I called first from my business number and it acted as if it was autodetecting my phone number. It read back a number, which was not mine and was in another area code, telling me it added it to the list. I had to manuaully enter in the appropriate numbers and called back from my cell phone (number on account) and did it again for good measure It detected my cell phone properly.

THANK YOU for the number, I had never noticed that before. I signed up origionally on my cell phone while moving so no way to filter it thru the home pbx. Lately I've been getting 1 - 5x calls a day for them to sell me Showtime. Last time she got into an argument with me about why I didn't want it for free and refused to accept no until I hung up. I know they are required to ask a certain number of times, but especially irritating when you get the call while at work. It's even more annoying when they call, you say no, then they still call 2 or 3 more times after that due to a "Computer error"...

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts