Showtime volume issue?

jhaifley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Columbus, OH
Is anyone else experiencing an issue with SHO-E and SHO-W having really low volume levels? The rest of the Showtime channels as well as the standard channels are fine but I have to crank up the TV really high (to the point that the speakers are humming) to listen to them. I called AT&T Homezone support and the rep was not exactly helpful. She said that she has the same problem with those channels on her cable TV service. I would think if this was a problem affecting all Showtime customers that it would be fixed right away. I haven't checked the levels on the TV1 output on my receiver, only TV2 but mabye I should. Possibly the Homezone box has an issue with a channel that is sending DD 5.1 when it converts it to stereo for TV2. Does this sound realistic?

Thanks!

Problem is fixed, sorta

Well, AT&T called me back and said there was an issue with the secondary audio for those channels. Once I changed the secondary audio to a different setting then English (I thought that setting was correct) or Seconday Audio to another language (I chose Spanish since it was the setting right after English) then it works. Now I am hoping that as I channel surf, I won't start getting the audio in Spanish. I guess if that happens I can change it to French or something. Not much chance that secondary audio is being broadcast in that language for too many channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)