Shut off my service, now...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
So I refused to pay Directv $138 for 4 tvs any longer so me and my wife decided to call it quits with the service. Picked up a couple apple tvs, we already had one, and now we're new to this whole streaming thing. First, any apps recommended (we're not bootlegging but looking for CHEAP tv) and second, has anybody tried directv now?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's just such a pain in the rear. We don't EVER watch tv but realized we do watch some at this point. She's happy with Hulu, I just don't like not seeing "live tv" in a sense. Easier to set it to a channel and walk away lol

It's just such a pain in the rear. We don't EVER watch tv but realized we do watch some at this point. She's happy with Hulu, I just don't like not seeing "live tv" in a sense. Easier to set it to a channel and walk away lol

That's mostly just habit. Relax, find some things on Hulu or Netflix, or Amazon, and enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Add an OTA antenna .... you at least get the Locals and maybe a few sub channels.
From where your at, you should be able to get them.

Ended up going with directv now. Pretty much for the fact I got a $60 package (2nd to top) for $35 while I have it. Not too shabby plus an Apple TV 4th gen for paying 3 months in advance

I currently don't get my locals, my fix, luckily I only watch fox59 and I downloaded the app and can stream live tv to my tv using airplay

I am tired of paying $135 for tv especially when it includes no movie channels and another $5 price hike next month. Tried to see if Dish would work with me and they offered absolutely nothing in the way of discounts. They just offered the flex packs. That would save a lot but I feel that a little over $80 is still a bit much for trimmed back packages. These new streaming services look more appealing all the time.

I am tired of paying $135 for tv especially when it includes no movie channels and another $5 price hike next month. Tried to see if Dish would work with me and they offered absolutely nothing in the way of discounts. They just offered the flex packs. That would save a lot but I feel that a little over $80 is still a bit much for trimmed back packages. These new streaming services look more appealing all the time.

I was very worried about it. It's still kinda different. No lie, it's a pain to grab one of the iPads (I play in my phone during commercials, like I'm doing now) open the app, find something to watch, then wait for the airplay to load the Apple TV I want to stream it to. Kinda kills it some but at $35 a month for everything live that I had prior I can deal with the slight inconvenience. No DVR but at $35 I don't and wouldn't expect it. The on demand seems to be something to be desired (I've only tried once and didn't have a good experience with it). Hulu for 7.99, directv now at $35 a month, so I'm saving nearly $100 a month. I just decided one day I didn't want to pay that crazy price anymore and just killed it with no plan in place. Tossed it around but figured enough was enough. Just gotta figure out how to get the NYE from NYC this year on tv and I'll be fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.