SHUTTING DOWN INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS

Rick Johnson

Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
I WAS TOLD BY A DISH REP THAT THE INTERNATION PROGRAMMING WOULD ALL BE MOVED OVER FROM 148 TO 118.7 ON APRIL 7TH. HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD THIS?

Very OLD news. If you are not an international sub, you won't notice a thing. If you are an international sub, please expect a letter in the mail informing you of the change and a FREE upgrade so that you will continue to get the same international services you get today.

I see way too much speculation on this, with no official words set in stone. Where is Dish Network saying (in their own printed words) that they are centralizing ALL the international onto 118? Some say it's only happening to 148, some say 61.5, some say both. Which languages are affected (some say ALL langauges, some say only specific languages)? And anyone have any dates released by Dish Network? Looking back on this topic in the archive, I see threads saying the international was going to be centralized 5 years ago!! When they were on the 121 satellite!! I understand that Dish is sending out upgrade letters (I have yet to get one)--my brother said he got one, but he said it was an "optional" upgrade (Arabic Package). He is currently aimed at 148 still. Does it makes sense that it's "optional"?

Lastly, how do Eastern-Arc subs upgrade to international now? Do they ditch their brand new 1000.2 dish and buy a brand new 1000.4? What if their hd locals are on 61.5 only..that means a total of 5 birds (110,119,129,118, and 61.5)?? Also, I don't see a dish available that caters to 118 individually...only available with a 500+ and 1000+. I love how simple E* is! :D

As an Eastern Arc Customer, I took down my 1000.4 61.5/72.5/77
And Switched to a Dish 500 Plus 110/118.7/119 and put a wing dish back up at the 61.5.
Much cleaner and nicer then a Dish 1000.4 ,and a 500+ thats the same size as Directvs Slimline.

Eastern Arc + Int'l is a 2 dish setup
61.5/72/77 on one dish
118.7 only on a D500+

Sounds good, but does that mean the 110 and 119 on your 500+ go unused? The cost of your equipment plus switches, without even the receivers, sounds like its over $300 already if I were to go at it alone. No wonder Dish holds so many ppl with their contracts.:rolleyes:

Hemi you got a good approach, that theoretically should use all lnb's efficiently.

My wife and I get some Brazilian channels from 61.5, and as far as I know, we have not been notified of any change (unless she threw the letter away with the junk mail :eek:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)