Sick of POS 811

jdpdata

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I'm tired of dealing with the constant hangs and glitches :mad: . My 811 hangs at least twice a week requiring hard reboot. I have software 287. It seems to occur more frequently if I turn the unit off at night, but it randomly occur when unit is on as well. It seems every time I turn it on, its always trying to scan for a signal, you know the 5 steps thing.

Last week I was having local OTA issues (PSIP data related). Now the damn thing constantly locks up. The 942 in the living room is behaving perfectly from day one.

I don't feel like wasting an hour on the phone with tech support to get a replacement, since most of you have the same re-occuring problems with the replacemnt units as well.

I would luv to have another 942...you think Dish will allow it? Hell I'm thinking of pluggin the old Voom STB again...it never gave me a single problem.

I have an 811, turn it off ever night, Have somewhere between 10 and 12 OTA channels, and I don't have the acquiring signal issue that you indicate. There is a known issue on 287 with having OTA channels in favorites and PSIP changes. If this occurs your Favorites could get corrupted and you need to reset to factory defaults.

Based on the information provided, I would first look at the external installation. Make sure you have all RG-6 cable. What you describe sounds familar and it turns out the person had mixed RG-6 and RG-59.

Are you getting any channels moving from their mapped station to their frequency? If so I would take them out of your favorites list. Check your connections and make sure they all look good. Getting a Acquiring signal ever night is not normal and I would look externally first.

As to getting a 942 to replace your 811, I doubt it but you can try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)