Sick PCs should be banned from the net says Microsoft

Ever buy any gas engine machine/tool/product from say Sears. How long do you think they keep parts and provide repairs?

I just bought a replacement part for a circa 1970 Sears garage door opener. The model and parts were still listed in the catalog.

As for the cars, it actually says more about American carmakers. I can walk into any BMW, Porsche or VW dealership and ask for a right armrest for a 1965 model in brown. They will likely have to go to the warehouse, but these companies continue to ensure that the parts are available.

Concerning the OS, I certainly see this as a way that Microsoft can obsolete old operating systems, and by extension old computers. Yes, they currently give no support, but you can still plug a Win 5.1 computer into the net and do at least limited browsing. If this scheme took hold, I can see how suddenly Gates and company declares XP obsolete and the next day every XP machine is off the net. They use the excuse that since they are no longer doing security fixes, they cannot guarantee safety.

Look at how Symantek has evolved to the point where the day your anti-virus subscription expires, the entire 360 package ceases to function, including the diagnostics that have nothing to do with virus protection. I am kind of tired of these companies telling me when I must upgrade. It should be my decision and I should be able to continue to use something I paid for.

You pays your money and... you pays your money... again and again.

just a little more BS in a BS world...everybody wanted a digital world...now you have it....
reminds me of people who have kids and don't want to change diapers.

Uh, not quite sure where you are driving at. Consumers that allowed new versions of windows to come out? Microsoft, who is tightening the screws to ensure ongoing sales? Perhaps society, for allowing us to enter the home computer age instead of staying with the good old buggy whip, as God intended?

Or maybe its just meant to be provocative. Still, I have no idea who is letting the baby sit in soiled diapers. Actually, I don't even know who the baby is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)