Signal being lost during DVR playback??

mace_freley

Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Gainesville, FL
Greetings,

Lately, when I am watching a recorded event, the signal gets lost. Not like the standard "part of this recording was lost, etc" message, but the message you get when you are watching live television and you lose the signal (push channel up or down on your remote, etc) I then have to move up one channel and the picture comes back, go back to my DVR and resume the event. This is crazy. I can remember years ago taking my box to someone elses house, plugging it in to their TV and playing events off the DVR. No signal needed. Can a signal loss in REAL time affect DVR playback? I hope this question makes sense. Cheers!

Sounds like you are witnessing the bug that involves the Over The Air antenna.
When signal levels are low on your antenna it causes the satellite signal to be called interrupted by the software.
Disconnect or tune your off air antenna.

Sounds like you are witnessing the bug that involves the Over The Air antenna.
When signal levels are low on your antenna it causes the satellite signal to be called interrupted by the software.
Disconnect or tune your off air antenna.

I had the same problem on my 722k....disconnected my OTA, removed the OTA channels from the guide and I haven't had the problem since. Kind of sucks though, this was the whole reason I went out and got the OTA module for and now I can't use it.

I just had this happen for the 1st time tonite.

Perfectly clear night. Nothing in my setup has changed recently. I lost signal 5-6 times during the last ~5 minutes of a 1 hr recorded show...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)