Signal breakup, sluggish wireless Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All Joeys are clients to the Hopper, so they do require some connection to the Hopper, somehow.

let me ask the question differently I guess... the WJ's have a non-wireless ethernet jack... if that is connected does that take the place of the WAP connection? (and they become "wired" Joeys?)

Not sure about the wireless Joey, but on a regular Joey, yes but it is unsupported. For a regular joey the only supported method is by connecting the Joey to the MoCA via coax.

I have 2 regular joeys using powerline adapters. Another powerline adapter connects to my router. Hopper connects to router via ethernet cable. I have been experiencing the same issues on the joeys, slow menu, freezing on ESPN for several months, only after the latest software upgrade. Hopper is ok. I switched to a MOCA connection and have the same problems.

Try this: Using your smartphone download a wi-fi signal strength app. Walk around the room and watch the signal meter. Move your Joey to that point. It worked for me
and gave me a stronger signal than what Dish was showing.

Wait... Hws is connected wireless and with ethernet? If so, disconnect ethernet and reboot everything and see if the joey acts the same on espn. I've seen this identical issues multiple times, usually with Hws connected to WiFi and ethernet. Remove one, bam, issue clears right up... In every scenario where this was happening

I don't think I mis-reported to any of the questions I was asked by folks hoping to diagnose, but yes, I was feeding my Hopper its "internet in" signal with a powerline adapter (and it then had a 2nd ethernet cable "out" to the wireless joey adapater...

Once I removed the powerline adapater and had the Hopper makes its internet connection over wireless, things seem to have gotten fixed (knock wood).

thanks everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)