Signal goes from locked to wrong sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JHUBB

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I moved one of my receivers out of the house and to an outbuilding about 200'-250' away from the dish. I ran rg11 cable from the dish to the receiver. I get some channels fine but some channels say acquiring sat signal. When I check signal strength the strength is over 100 and it blinks between locked and wrong sat. I also put an inline boost at the dish. Can anyone give me any advice on how to fix my problem? Thanks.

HI and welcome! Try doing a check switch and see if that fixes the problem. If not you will need to run rg6 to that recciver from the switch. and then do a check switch. :)

You can run a check switch from the signal strength menu by selection the check swich button.

I initially had it hooked up with rg6 cable and still had the same problem. I have run check switch multiple times without any improvement. I have the dishpro quad lnbf. I have checked all the conections and they seem to be good. I am also using the inline amplifier from radioshack.

i just looked up the amp has to be SONORA they come in 1 in 1 out, 2 in 2 out, or 3 in 3 out. they spetialy designed for DP and DPP equptment ( at leasd that what they told us)
i used 3 of them and they do work great

You definitely need an amp since you already try RG11 and it doesn't work. I bet you you're not getting the channels in the high frequencies. For example, channels on TP2.

Sonora design has some nice amps that work with Dish Network. I've also tried some inline amps from Perfect Vision that worked.

Welcome to Sonora Design Associates

The LA141 is for one satellite, the L142 is for 2 and so on:

Welcome to Sonora Design Associates

More on the Sonora amps in the PDF.

Attachments

• LineAmps_DISHNotes.pdf
    226.5 KB · Views: 613
Instead of running this big of a cable line, and using amps etc, wouldnt it be easy for him to just get a 2nd dish and put it on his outhouse and hook the receiver to that. he will get al the channels that are authorized on that receiver. Should work right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)