signal is dropping

elfranzen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Maine
My 722 has been dropping the signal but if I hit guide and exit it comes back right away. also I installed a OTA about two months ago and i got shocked when installing it (I used a Diplexer). I also noticed I get shocked off any of the cable lines (only have the two going to the 722). I have also noticed that when I turn on the 722 it take a few minutes before it will respond to the guide button. Thanks for any of the help you might be able to give.

You have the HD DVR with an integrated OTA bug. No one knows why they do this, dish won't even admit it's a known issue. Replacing the receiver a few times might help, then again, it might not. You may notice that it will even claim you have lost your signal while watching a previously DVRed event (which is rediculous, because you can unplug receiver from the dish entirely and continue watching a DVRed event). I have rolled on 4 trouble calls for this issue. The only on that was ever resolved, was the one who Reset Factory Defaults to clear out the OTA list, and never hooked up the antenna to the receiver again. Good luck

I would get rid of the OTA input if I got HD locals so hopefully soon that will happen. D* just got local HD so hopefully E* will get them soon also.

Davenport, IA locals

My 722 has been dropping the signal but if I hit guide and exit it comes back right away. also I installed a OTA about two months ago and i got shocked when installing it (I used a Diplexer). I also noticed I get shocked off any of the cable lines (only have the two going to the 722). I have also noticed that when I turn on the 722 it take a few minutes before it will respond to the guide button. Thanks for any of the help you might be able to give.

Is your OTA antenna in the attic? There's a problem w/ multipath & can send you a link to a "work around" to the problem you describe...

Here's the link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/143343-tried-search-too-many-results.html#post1459508

Last edited:
no it is outside right next to the dish

But my one channel 8 is always in the low 70's. I would like to get a amp but other channels are in the upper 90's. could I still get an amp and if so what one?

Don't bother with OTA. It is too unreliable. If you can get your HD Locals off of Dish Network then use them. They are more reliable.

Also my 612 ends up having problems with rebooting and endless acquiring signal screens when I try to use the OTA tuner. My receiver must have the OTA bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)