Signal issue is confusing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mwcanada

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
bc
Hi everyone, having some signal issues, I can get 99 and 103 but not 101 on my new slimline, swm, sl-3 lnb hooked up to my hr34 (21V power insert used). Set-up an old receiver and can get 101 at about 75%-80%. Is this an LNB issue with the swm, sl-3? Thank you for your help.

need more info.. when you say you cant get the 101, do you mean you get all zero's when you look at signal strength?
What happens when you tune to channel 275?
Do you have anything attached to the Satellite In cable?
Try and give us as much detail as you can..
right now about the only thing I could offer would be to reset the receiver (if you haven't already), and re-run the satellite setup.

There is absolutey no signal on the HR34 for 101. The Hr34 is set-up to option 17:Slimline SL3 SWM, when I look at the HR34 signal meter, I can get 99 at about 30% and 103 (ca) at about 50%, nothing on 103 (cb). When I check the signal meter for 101 I get no signal and all zeros. I have a single RG6 cable that runs from the 21V power supply directly to the slimline dish sl3 and directly from the 21V power supply to the HR34. I am basically using the HR34 signal meter to locate 101. I know I have line of sight and confirmed this by hooking up an old dish with an old receiver. Have reset the hr34 many times and still cannot located 101.

I will check the DC output on the PI to the receiver and to the dish tonight. The PI is brand new (along with everything else) and indicates one line goes to the IRD and the other to the SWM dish. I do not have a splitter in the line as I only have the one HR34. Agreed, doesn't seem to make sense that I get 99 and 103 and not 101, do you think maybe the lnb, sl3 is defective? No kidding, self-installing is overrated.

My guess is that your dish is not actually pointed at the 101 satellite. Use dishpointer.com to get the correct dish aiming. Then set the dish about 10 degrees left of the dishpointer azimuth number and scan slowly to the right (west) until you find 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)