Signal loss/dropouts ?

articos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
SoCal
Question, guys:

I've noticed random fraction of a second black/dropped frames in my programming for ages on my 622, but it was bad enough last night where I did some testing. I'm assuming the drops are signal loss issues. On the 622, I have green bars for 110/119/129 with "normal" low signal strength for 129 (between 15 and 40 on most trans/spots), but I have 23 signal losses on tuner 0 and 45 on tuner 1, which is much higher than normal. On my 625 in the bedroom (longer cable run), I'm getting green bars for 110/119 and a fail on 129, with signal loss double the numbers than the 622. (89 losses on tuner 1). Sat strength seems the same as the 622. No pop-up mssgs from either receiver for errors, although both take forever to reaquire. My channels come in pretty normally, aside from the frame drop issues.

It's a Dish 1000 connected to a DPP-44. Since it's happening to both receivers, I'm assuming Alignment, LNB going or the switch. Any way to troubleshoot, or just have Dish come out and repeak then go from there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)