DFW DMA CW-HD, MY-HD, PBS-HD, etc. - When?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Has anyone heard when the HD versions of these channels might be available for us in the DFW DMA? "Soon" won't be soon enough!

Is your TV market millions of people or just a few hundred thousand, that might
be why they do not carry your channels in HD yet.

New everyone, lets ask when these networks will be in Peoria, Detroit, Phoenix, etc.....that way we can keep this thread going for months.....

Unless CW and MyN are carried alongside a major-network affiliate and come as an all-or-none package to E*, my guess is E* won't actively pursue them.

And since the dot.com bust we in the San francisco / San jose market now slipped to the 6th largest DMA (2,476,450 2.164%) and of those we only have MY-HD and that was just added a few weeks ago. (and IMO is worthless)

So there is more than just DMA size in play.

No DMA's have MyNet or PBS in HD on Dish right? Over here in NY we do have CW in HD though.

All of Tribune's stations are cleared under a separate deal (KWGN, WSFL, WPIX, WGN).

There are some oddity deals (WWHO, WNDY (LIN TV), KTVK, KRON (technically the MNTV affil), though.

I used to be on DirecTV in Phoenix and we had My-HD,CW, and PBS in HD but the PBS channel was unwatchable with constant audio and video glitches. Glad to have antenna.

Very few DMA's (guess less than 10, maybe closer to 5) have more than 4 HD locals, but eventually the law kicks in (2012 comes to mind) where if you carry one, you must carry all (with carriage agreements or must carry) in HD.

I am in NY (#1, if you need to know) and we do not have MyNetwork or PBS yet either. You will need to wait, just like the rest of us.
Yeah, I was just filling in a gap that someone else asked about and not asking for anything on this post. But thanks for sharing... :)

2012 or so is supposed to be the date they have to carry all the HD feeds in every market they carry. Each year they are supposed to have a higher percentage of markets with all channels leading up until then. Of couse if 50% of the markets carried only have some/all of the big 4 and no other channels, they count as having 50% compliance benchmark.

In the case of Dallas, they should have some serious capacity now on 129, perhaps they will start to fill in the market now.

2012 or so is supposed to be the date they have to carry all the HD feeds in every market they carry. Each year they are supposed to have a higher percentage of markets with all channels leading up until then. Of couse if 50% of the markets carried only have some/all of the big 4 and no other channels, they count as having 50% compliance benchmark.

In the case of Dallas, they should have some serious capacity now on 129, perhaps they will start to fill in the market now.
If I am reading The List correctly, DFW's HD locals are on both 110 and 61.5, but not 129. Are there plans to move them there? Or are you suggesting that they might add just the CW, etc. to that sat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)