Signal loss during day for sat 121

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

padmaram

Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
Hi,

I've got Superdish professionally installed couple of years back and has been getting International Programming on SAT 121 without any problems. Just in the last few weeks I started experiencing signal loss during day time between 9am to 8pm. The signal strength for 121 is typically around 70~73 usually on transponders 5, 10 or 17. I get this signal strength even during signal loss.

I've tried to reset the equipment as instructed by technical support at dish network and it didn't help. When I try to check switch, it shows as Connected and if I Test, it as N.C with 'X'. If I leave the TV on with connected to the International Channel, then there is no problem. But the moment I switch off the TV or change the channel to programming on 119 or 110 and switch back, the signal is lost and it gives error 013 - Searching for signal and will not get the signal till later in the evening. I've to check the switch again to get the channels back in the night again. I've checked for all the connections and everything seems to be secure.

Can anybody help in identifying what could be the problem? Do I have to replace LNBs or change the receiver? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram

sounds like you got one of the heat-sensitive lnbfs.

what's the "lot number" on the back of it? (you need to remove the big plastic shroud to see this)

If it is one of those heat sensative lnbf's then you should be eligible for a free swapout to a Dish1000 (or Dish500) depending on what your locals got switched to.

Stargazer said:
If it is one of those heat sensative lnbf's then you should be eligible for a free swapout to a Dish1000 (or Dish500) depending on what your locals got switched to.
OK..he said International channels...a D1000 won't help.

This is how you tell if it's heat-sensitive. Take the shroud off and pour cold water on it. If your signal returns, that's it!

I had the same issue! email ceo@echostar.com...tell them you have a heat-senitive LNB and oyu don't think it's fair to pay for the service call when they will not RA it for you...they don't RA the 121 LNBs.

I tried to get a D500+...they said NO..but the tech is coming tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm going to try today and let you know how it goes as I can try this only during day time.

Today, I guess because of the temparature, the signal was there in the afternoon around noon when turned on. The moment I switched off around 2pm, the signal went off. I had opened the shroud and poured some water as suggested and it seemed to work after that. With the shroud, if I pour water, it didn't work after some time. It looks like too much of heat is causing this.

The lot numbers on DBS and FSS is the same and it is P47. P/N 122676 (DBS) and 122677 (FSS).

Does anybody know that this lot number is heat sensitive and needs to be replaced? Is there any solution other than pouring water during signal loss as you know it's not convenient to open shroud up everytime?

Thanks for taking time to reply.

What satellite does the screen come up that says you have lost the signal? Or what channel are you watching when you have this prblem? I and others have been having to replace several of the DP duals. I had one FSS lnb that was bad on a 105 but his locals had moved to the 110 so i was able swap out his for a D500.

The cheapest way to get it fixed is call in and sign up for DHPP it cost $6 a month. Then call in the next day and get Dish to come out and replace the lnb...next month call in and take off the Digital home protection plan...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts