Signal Loss Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I have a Dish 722k receiver and a 222k receiver. Everything works fine on the 722k, but the 222k keeps giving me an error message saying Complete Signal Loss every time I change channels. If I hit the cancel button, the channel comes up and plays fine. I've checked all the cabling, and when I check the signal strength, its coming in fine.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have an OTA hooked up to it, do you? This happens with our 211k if someone switches to an OTA with no signal and then switches to a satellite channel. When this happens, we need to find an OTA that has a signal before switching to a satellite channel, otherwise we get the partial signal loss (occasionally complete signal loss) message.

You wouldn't happen to have an OTA hooked up to it, do you? This happens with our 211k if someone switches to an OTA with no signal and then switches to a satellite channel. When this happens, we need to find an OTA that has a signal before switching to a satellite channel, otherwise we get the partial signal loss (occasionally complete signal loss) message.

I do; and I experienced this problem earlier on, and learned to switch between two satellite channels to fix the problem. This problem is very similar, but it happens when switching between satellite channels; usually 61.5 and 72.

Did you do a System Info test? If not do it and see what it says in box a.

No I haven't tested the system since it seems to work perfectly on the 722 receiver. Maybe I should do a reset on this receiver and see if that fixes the problem.

That's not what I meant. I'm not at home so I can't tell you the sequence, but you need to go into the menu and find the screen that says "System Info" and then Test. You will see a box at the top after the test that will tell you the status. I had a similar prolem with my 722 going to partial signal loss but my 211 didn't. When I did the System Info, I had lnb drift. Replacing the lnb assemble fix the problem

Are you talking about the switch test?

chkswch-step-04.jpgchkswch-step-05.jpgchkswch-step-06.jpgchkswch-step-07.jpg

I'll check it when I get home from work.

That's not what I meant. I'm not at home so I can't tell you the sequence, but you need to go into the menu and find the screen that says "System Info" and then Test. You will see a box at the top after the test that will tell you the status. I had a similar prolem with my 722 going to partial signal loss but my 211 didn't. When I did the System Info, I had lnb drift. Replacing the lnb assemble fix the problem

Thanks! I found the test you were talking about. It does indeed say that I have LNB Drift. What exactly does that mean?

LoTech said:
Thanks! I found the test you were talking about. It does indeed say that I have LNB Drift. What exactly does that mean?

MENU - 6 - 1 - 3 is what he's talking about. What are your drift numbers? Do you have any switches or just direct runs to the LNB? Try unplugging ALL equipment (switches/receivers) for about a minute, replug, run a check switch on the problem receiver (MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - Check Switch - Test) then go back to Sys Info (MENU - 6 - 1 - 3 m) and hopefully box A should now say "Good."

Also do a Sys Info on both receivers to see if they report LNB drift.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I have straight runs to both receivers - no switches. I did a test on both receivers. The 722 status was "Good". The 222 said "LNB Drift Detected" - 0x1c, 0xa4, 72(e-13). I unplugged/replugged both systems and ran check switch. The status of both receivers was the same as before with the 722 good and 222 with LNB Drift.

LoTech said:
I have straight runs to both receivers - no switches. I did a test on both receivers. The 722 status was "Good". The 222 said "LNB Drift Detected" - 0x1c, 0xa4, 72(e-13). I unplugged/replugged both systems and ran check switch. The status of both receivers was the same as before with the 722 good and 222 with LNB Drift.

Guess it's time to give Dish a buzz... Specifically DIRT. Unless you know how to replace the LNB yourself.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

You guys were exactly right. The day after my last post the LNB went kaput. I hooked my cables into an old Dish 500 dish that I previously had so I could have some TV, and called my local installer. They said that with the storms it would be about a week before they could come out (we just got about 10 inches of snow). Impatient as I am, I found a DP Plus LNB for 61.5, 72, and 77 on Ebay for $15 and free shipping. Got it today, hooked it up, and now I'm back up and running with all my channels (and a lot better signal than I had before).

Thanks to all who helped...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)