Signal loss on 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
My parents are having some issues with 61.5 in their set-up... I'm hoping a SatGuy may come to the rescue!

They have a D500 (110/119) and D300 (61.5) with DPP Twin and DP Dual, respectively, running to a 622 and 211. Modulated output from the 622 feeds two additional SDTV's. They're located in east/central PA (Philly DMA) and have had this set-up without any problems for about 3 years.

Here's the issue: They're getting random intermittent signal loss messages on the 622 when watching programs coming off of 61.5 (locals). I checked the signal strength meter for 61.5 but, I'm not sure what TP to use for pointing. When I checked, it was on TP 17, with a high 30's level signal. This seemed low to me but, like I said, I don't know if that's the best TP to use?

LOS seems fine, and I haven't tried re-pointing... I was guessing the dish may simply have been knocked out of alignment? Could a bad LNB or switch be causing problems?

The 622 is also running pretty warm, with an average temp of 118 (H: 130, L:113). Could this be contributing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
After a little more research, it looks like I have to determine if the problem is isolated on the 622, or if it's also present on the 211.

From what I can gather, if the issue is only on the 622, then it might be a line problem or the STB. If it's on both receivers, then it's likely an alignment or switch problem.

Guess I'm off to watch some more TV and see what happens!

If you have one of those separators on the back of the 622, (only one cable from the DPP LNB) I'd look seriously at that as a possible cause. Especially if the other box is okay.

Good Luck, Eric

After a little more research, it looks like I have to determine if the problem is isolated on the 622, or if it's also present on the 211.

From what I can gather, if the issue is only on the 622, then it might be a line problem or the STB. If it's on both receivers, then it's likely an alignment or switch problem.

Guess I'm off to watch some more TV and see what happens!

I have had similiar issues with my 722, only I get a lnb drift of -5 on 61.5 and Dish doesn't seem to want to do something about it. I haven't pushed the issue because I am waiting to see if Dish does infact add buffalo lils and msg-hd, within the next month. Otherwise I am gonna be jumping ship to D*. Let us know how you make out.

I have had similiar issues with my 722, only I get a lnb drift of -5 on 61.5 and Dish doesn't seem to want to do something about it. I haven't pushed the issue because I am waiting to see if Dish does infact add buffalo lils and msg-hd, within the next month. Otherwise I am gonna be jumping ship to D*. Let us know how you make out.

IF YOU'RE paying for the protection plan then they need to go out there. tell them you have a lnb drift of -8. that's what i did and they scheduled a tech to come by. i later canceled when i realized that it was cheaper for me to but one on ebay than lose a day of work for dish to replace it for free. if some one will be there for you then it is worth it if not just buy one for like $21 new from ebay and do it yourself.

I know I've seen it posted before but, I can't remember which screen indicates LNB drift? Is there a separate error message that pops up for that?

My parents are still trying to figure out if it's only the 622 or both that and the 211 that have the signal problems. Until we can figure that out, we're in a holding pattern.

The problem is, the 211 is in their basement, and they don't go down there too often so, when the 622 drops signal, they have to run downstairs, power everything up, change the channel to something off of 61.5, and hope that they accomplish that before the signal gets picked back up. If it weren't such a PITA, it'd be funnier than hell!

Thanks as always to SatGuys for providing support and commiseration :)

I know I've seen it posted before but, I can't remember which screen indicates LNB drift? Is there a separate error message that pops up for that?

My parents are still trying to figure out if it's only the 622 or both that and the 211 that have the signal problems. Until we can figure that out, we're in a holding pattern.

The problem is, the 211 is in their basement, and they don't go down there too often so, when the 622 drops signal, they have to run downstairs, power everything up, change the channel to something off of 61.5, and hope that they accomplish that before the signal gets picked back up. If it weren't such a PITA, it'd be funnier than hell!

Thanks as always to SatGuys for providing support and commiseration :)

goto system info then go to details.