signal loss on only one reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

splat10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
I woke up this morning and turned on the TV and my 811 wouldn't lock on the sat. I went into the point dish menu and i'm seeing strengths of about 30-40. I looked on my other receiver and it's fine (80-100). I rebooted the 811 twice with the front panel and unplugged it for a half hour and tried again, still no luck. I thought it may just be fried but why would it get any signal at all?

is this something anyone's seen before?

check

coax connections, check them ,also, you might have a switch problem, do you check both receiers strength on the same tp or channel?

well i stuck an old reciever in where my 811 is and it picked up the signal just fine. So it's definately the 811. it seems to work fine except for the signal strength. the OTA still works fine. guess i need to buy a new reciever ?

811's on ebay are pretty cheap but i kinda want a 622. Can i run a 622 with just a dish 500 and a legacy twin LNB? My other recievers are legacy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)