signal loss

rcwilcox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2004
I have a 622 and my dishes were pointed at 61.5 and 110/119

Most of my HD moved so I added a 72.7 dish and repointed the 110/119 to 77. This gives me EA which is where I am supposed to be giving me my HD again. I hare regular DP LNB's on each dish connected to a DPP44. On a few transponders when I go to them like ESPN2 it tells me total signal loss but when I check signal level for that transponder I get like 55 to 58 but on that transponder it will say locked and green but satellite name unknown on regular ESPN it locks in and gives me the satellite name right away. Sometimes after a few minutes it will start working if i leave it on ESPN2. I have connected it to an EA Dish with the triple LNB and get similar results so i do not think it is the switch or LNB's. Any ideas?

Thanks for answering Zach
Check switch comes back fine. As I said i have also hooked it to a 1000.4 dish and it does similar things just lower levels on the 1000.4 AMC HD is the worst. Usually if I leave it on ESPN2 HD long enough it will come in. I hardly ever watch AMC HD but the other night I left it there for 15 minutes and nothing yet the signal strength on that TP is 59

Just turned my Dish system on for the 1st time today. I found try low signal strengths on 110, 119 and 129 (the western arc). I know we are in a S2 solar radiation storm as I type this. Early yesterday we had a R3 radio blackout. So this may be causing problems with the satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)