signal needed for ota?

dailo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
How strong of a signal do I need to see a picture? I am currently getting 72 steady and it keeps bouncing to 81, Do I have to have a steady 80 to get a picture at all? I'd figure I would at least see something on the screen but I can't pick up that channel. Using the radio shack amplified HDTV antenna, I got steady 85 with the silver sensor but I had to hold it up high in a wierd position, no way of keeping it in that position permanately. I figured the rabbit ears on this radio shack antenna would do the trick, but I guess not. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

After reading the thread you linked I would think I would be able to lock on to the channel as I'm pretty steady at 72, but after a while it does go to 81 all of a sudden and goes back to 72. Could that be the problem?

dailo said:
After reading the thread you linked I would think I would be able to lock on to the channel as I'm pretty steady at 72, but after a while it does go to 81 all of a sudden and goes back to 72. Could that be the problem?

Yes, you probably need a stronger antenna. What antenna are you using right now?

Was using a Zenith Silver, and I could get strong signal with that one but I had to hold it up just a little higher then where it was placed and tilt it back a little, so I went out and got a radio shack amplified one with rabbit ears (15-1880) thinking that would do the trick, but I can't get a strong enough signal. Highest I can get is 74.

After moving the antenna around some more I was able to get 78 on RF 56 and can recieve a channel from every single rf except for 56 and 57, 56 being KRON. Don't know where I could move it to make it get any more signal. If you look at the picture attatched 56/57 is same direction as 45 and I can get 92 signal on 45. Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• combined3_ARCIMS213279221720.png
    combined3_ARCIMS213279221720.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 140

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)