Signal Problem with ODD Transponders ONLY !!!

dhoorundher

Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I have a Dish500 system with two 301s connected via a DP-34 switch. Everything had been working fine for months until a wiered problem started happening last week.

I am not receiving channels which are on ODD transponders, no matter what satellitle, both 110 and 119. Here's what I have done so far in trying to troubleshoot:

1) Took the receiver to another Dish500 system and it works fine....get all channels.....that come on ODD and EVEN transponders.

2) Swapped the DP-34 with a SW-21, got the same problem....only EVEN transponders respond.

3) Until a couple of days ago, even though the channels were not showing up, a signal check of ODD transponders would be around 120%. Since I swapped the SW-21 and now back to DP-34, I do not get any signal on the ODD transponders

4) Re-alinged the satellite.

I have read several postings on this subject and none of them point to a LNB problem, so I have not tried that yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Have you tried a switch check since you ran one with the SW-21? The SW-21 is a LEGACY switch and is not compatible with your DISH PRO equipment it won't pass half the channels.

I had this problem with Legacy LNB's it was a bad LNB. Don't know if that is the case here though the SW21 is indeed legacy and won't work. Maybe you meant DP21?

Thanks for your responses. My apologies...I meant DP-31. It works...and only shows channels on EVEN transponders, just like the DP-34. Everytime I would swap a switch for testing, I would always run a check switch before checking any channels.

I also checked the cabling again and everything looked fine. I even took the receiver to a SuperDish system....ran check switch and I get all the channels. Seems like many folks have got similar problems....but I have not been able to spot a solution on the 100s of posts I have already read.

Still searching.........

sound delayed

Dual Mode versus Single Mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)