Signal Problems with just one Hopper

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I am having an issue with just one Hopper getting a signal. I had this problem 2-3 weeks ago before the software update so I know s229/s230 has nothing to do with this. I encountered this issue before and the tech at mydish.com support chat had me unplug the hoppers, joeys, etc. I have done this already and it didn't change anything this time. However I chose "Check Switch" and now the Hopper in question says Node: Not Connected Switch: DP with Seperator. The only thing I could find was at DBSTalk with a response from DISH saying that it sounds like the wiring came loose at the node but I went out and check that and all wiring connections are fine. No weather changes, just frost but if it was because of that the other Hopper would have no signal also. Does anyone have any idea? Dish Chat at MyDish.com won't be up until 10am EST (8am MST) and I just tried calling #800 and went through all the menus just to sit on hold for five minutes with the elevator music just to be greeted with a busy signal.

Edit: So it's 8:32 EST and after calling dish and scheduling an appointment for tomorrow the Hopper in question picks up the Duo Node and the switch reading reads Switch DPP 1K.2 I am thinking that this could have something to do with moisture from the frost? Both times that this has happened there has been a thick frost cover.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts