Signal strength lock up?

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Something I have just recently been experiencing on 622. When I go to check signal strength on a transponder (menu 611) the 1st time I try it the unit never goes to the point dish screen. I hear the tone in the background and that's it. It locks up the 622. I have to do a soft reboot then it works fine.

That used to happen to me all the time, but I had a DPP Twin that was failing (which was why I was in the signal strength menu so often). Now that I've replaced it, I don't have that problem anymore. Then again, I no longer have a reason to be going into the signal strength menu so frequently.

RE: Signal

Instead of going onto the check switch page, go to the syste info screen. Wait for it to do its process and then check details. If the sat check is red or yellow, it will tell you of potential problems with the LNBF or line of site. If it is green, you can scroll down to the bottom of the detail page and it will show you the signal thresholds vs. your average signal strength. The thresholds are dish's minimum level for sufficient signal.

Not what I'm looking for.

Instead of going onto the check switch page, go to the syste info screen. Wait for it to do its process and then check details. If the sat check is red or yellow, it will tell you of potential problems with the LNBF or line of site. If it is green, you can scroll down to the bottom of the detail page and it will show you the signal thresholds vs. your average signal strength. The thresholds are dish's minimum level for sufficient signal.

I never have any of the lnb or switches show anything other than green. I'm checking for SS on a particular tp on 129. So far have never seen it drop below 50 but have seen break ups on stations on the channel that populate it.

Funny... I knew you had a 622 before even opening this post.... this is a software glitch that appears to be memory related. It does not happen on all 622s, but does happen on a lot. I don't think Dish is aware of the problem yet.

strange

Funny... I knew you had a 622 before even opening this post.... this is a software glitch that appears to be memory related. It does not happen on all 622s, but does happen on a lot. I don't think Dish is aware of the problem yet.

It has just started since I moved. Yes really moved to another city. Then "moved" due to a lack of HD stations that work well here in my area.

This is a bug that started with this new L614 software version. And they are sending me a new box to "fix" the problem so they must have no clue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts