Signal Strength Meter adjustment

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I was aware that Dish was going to adjust the signal meter values on my 625 and it would read a bit lower however the actual signal strength received would not change. I receive my local channels on 119 tp.7. Prior to the change the meter indicated around 107. Checked it yesterday and now it reads 75. Thats a big change. My 510 always read higher than my 625. It still reads around 123. I have not noticed any performance issues associated with this change. That reading of 75 sure looks crappy though!:eek:

You're still receiving the same quality of signal you were receiving before. It's just the way the meter displays and interprets the signal quality. You can add 30-34 to the new meter levels and you'll be close to what the receiver was displaying before.

A forum search would have shown you plenty of other discussions on this topic. As stated in every other topic, the new meter is 30 points less than the old meter, so a 107 to a 75 is 32 points, right in line with where is should be.

If you read my post I was aware of this and that the actual signal strength did not change. My point was that after being used to the previous higher readings the new values look crappy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)