Signal strength question

mheckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I'm getting a lot of pixelation and signal loss on some channels (esp. on the 129 satellite), and seem to have quite a low signal, but only on 1 receiver.

On my 722, I'm getting a signal in the low 30s (on a scale up to 125). The 110 and 119 show a better signal, but still only in the upper 40s.

On my 211, I get 82 on 110, 74 on 119, and 64 on 129, all on a scale of 100. And I'm not seeing the same kind of pixelation issues on that TV.

I know that the signal numbers don't always correlate directly between receivers, but they seem drastically higher on the 211 than on the 722. I did a "switch test" on the 722 and it came back all OK.

What should I be looking for - loose connection on the coax somewhere?

No loose connections unless it's inside the LNB (didn't take that apart). It used to be OK, so I don't think it's a low-frequency connector. Moisture is a possibility I guess. Although there are only a few cable-to-cable connections:
o Dish feed to block outside house
o Outside block to garage attic
o Garage attic to wall plate
o Wall plate to receiver

I decided it was too cold to futz around outside or in the attic, so I have a Dish tech coming out in the morning. He'll have tools to tell where the drop-off occurs, where I'd just be guessing (and freezing).

Turned out to be a bad receiver - just had my old 722 replaced last year, now the new(er) one died. Replaced with a 722K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts