signal strength

hotrod351

Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
i noticed my signal strength on 129 is 20, 110 is 50 and 119 is about 50. is this normal. i have thought about getting one of those signal strength meters at radio and trying to set it myself., any thoughts on this, thanks

129 is low, the others seem acceptable. Just to note based on what I have read in this forum, something is wrong with 129, so an unusually low signal is common. My signal strength on 129 fluctuates from 25 to 35

Use a small TV right at the dish. Hook it up to tha RF coax out on your reciever with a long piece of coax and adjust away. Be aware that when peaking the alignment, 1/16" is a long way. You might want to take a sharpie and mark it where it is now.

good luck, eric

You'll have better insight through these to two present threads. Understand, 129 has become a relatively serious issue. You're about to schooled and empowered, I know I most certainly have through reading and interacting. In all actuality, both strings provide a fascinating glimpse into the technology behind Dish.

1.) The first is presented in more of a layman's terms:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/142038-anyone-experiencing-129-issues.html

2.) The second contains members who are of a higher technical echelon; are very insightful, objective, concise, as well as constructive in observations/valuations:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/135185-echostar-6-moved-72-7wl.html

well there going to send out some one to check the signal Tuesday for free. thats free after they first said there would be a small charge for sending some one out and i reminded them that i had only 3 months left on my contract, then it was free. picture isnt bad i just thought that was low numbers.

Yes, I will agree FCom911. I have learned tons just browsing this site. I had no clue what went on with the birds up there and really never gave it a second thought until I started having issues that tech guys couldn't resolve and that is when I googled for help and found this site and I'm glad I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)