signal strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yort

Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
jamaica
question

hi all. i am a newbe can any one tell me what or how many direc tv channels can i see with a 50-60% signal strength and a 4ft round dish. i am living in jamaica..thanks...

hi . what is regarded as a good signal strength. thanks...

It depends on which satellite, but generally mid 80's are good. Lower than that on the ka transponders may lead to premature rain fade.

I would imagine any signal would be good in Jamaca, it's kinda a hit and miss situation, I'm surprised the footprint goes that far.

I never noticed where the op was located until you guys pointed it out. He is pretty far south to get a strong signal.

is it a matter of size.

hello everyone.i have a 4ft round dish i am getting quite a number of channels with a signal strength of 57% but i cant get cnn fox news msnbc and some others.do you think a 6ft dish would be better..better signal strength.i am a subscriber and i am in jamaica. thanks...

hello everyone.i have a 4ft round dish i am getting quite a number of channels with a signal strength of 57% but i cant get cnn fox news msnbc and some others.do you think a 6ft dish would be better..better signal strength.i am a subscriber and i am in jamaica. thanks...

A larger reflector will bring in more signal might be a good idea to check around and see what size dish other's have.Good Luck!:)

OP, What sat are you pointed at, seeing your using a dish that is not designed for D*, I'm surprised your getting anything.
The reflector must be at just the right angle to get a signal.
That being the case your only getting channels from 1 sat, D* is currently using the 101 for the Core programming, but most of the HD is coming off the 99 and 103 sats, there is also programming on the 110 and 119 still, though not to much other than locals, which you obviously won't get.
Thats said, your only getting programming from 1 sat so you will not get ALL the channels EVER.

more channels at night

hi all.why is it i get more channels on my 4ft round dish at nights and in the day those channels are gone.saying searching for sat signal. can someone explain this to me. and tell me what can i or should i do... thanks...

Please post your TP signal strengths from 101 during the day and also at night.
There may be a hint in the data. :)
Note, that you will probably see 0s for TPs 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28.
These are the spot beams on 101.

hi . my signal strength in the day is 50 - 57% and at nights it is 60 - 67% thanks...

Well that must be your breaking point for how much of a signal you need to get a picture.
I would think that you lose everything pretty easily when it rains a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts